My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Dragon Teeth

Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton.
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Harper;(May 23, 2017)
ISBN-10: 0062473352


 

Amazon Review:
in the Wild West during the golden age of fossil hunting.
The year is 1876. Warring Indian tribes still populate America’s western territories even as lawless gold-rush towns begin to mark the landscape. In much of the country it is still illegal to espouse evolution. Against this backdrop two monomaniacal paleontologists pillage the Wild West, hunting for dinosaur fossils, while surveilling, deceiving and sabotaging each other in a rivalry that will come to be known as the Bone Wars.
Into this treacherous territory plunges the arrogant and entitled William Johnson, a Yale student with more privilege than sense. Determined to survive a summer in the west to win a bet against his arch-rival, William has joined world-renowned paleontologist Othniel Charles Marsh on his latest expedition.  But when the paranoid and secretive Marsh becomes convinced that William is spying for his nemesis, Edwin Drinker Cope, he abandons him in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a locus of crime and vice. William is forced to join forces with Cope and soon stumbles upon a discovery of historic proportions.  With this extraordinary treasure, however, comes exceptional danger, and William’s newfound resilience will be tested in his struggle to protect his cache, which pits him against some of the West’s most notorious characters.

A page-turner that draws on both meticulously researched history and an exuberant imagination, Dragon Teeth is based on the rivalry between real-life paleontologists Cope and Marsh; in William Johnson readers will find an inspiring hero only Michael Crichton could have imagined. Perfectly paced and brilliantly plotted, this enormously winning adventure is destined to become another Crichton classic. 

I can't say I am a big fan of Crichton, but I enjoyed this book very much!  I have to admit it was mostly because it took place in the west (Indians and all) in the 1800's and he did his homework to mention what was happening with the Indians at that time. Also I did enjoy that it was early in discovering Dinosaur's.  

This is a very easy and fast book to read, and from reading reviews in Amazon, it's different from most of Crichton's other books.  So if you like the old west and Paleontologist's you will enjoy this book! 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

These are subjects I'm interested in so will see if the library has this. Don't think I've read anything by MC... he wrote Jurassic Park didn't he?

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home