My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Girl in the Woods by David Jack Bell.

Paperback: 344 pages
Publisher: Delirium Books (August 18, 2009)
ISBN-10: 1929653107








When Diana Greene leaves her hometown for a new life, she thinks she has left the past behind: her sister's disappearance, her mother's illness, and the visions Diana used to see...a clearing in the woods...a moonlit night...and human bones buried in the ground. And her past remains dormant until the day a mysterious woman appears on Diana's doorstep, promising Diana something she can't resist. "If you help me find my missing daughter, I'll tell you what happened to your sister." Soon Diana is digging into the past, uncovering secrets the town has long since buried, secrets that the powerful wish would stay hidden. But when another girl disappears and the visions return to Diana with a vengeance, she knows she is on the brink of solving more than just a few missing person's cases. She is on the brink of discovering the dark and violent covenant that the town itself was founded upon.

Excellent books, as has been all David Bell books that I have read before. (5 others: Someone I Used to Know, The Forgotten Girl, The Hiding Place, Cemetery Girl , and Never Come Back....)

As good as this book is I am still confused .. all of David Bells Paperback run about the same price.. THIS ONE, however.. can run a mini fortune, and I don't know why!  Of course I waited a long long time to find this used one at a price I could afford (cheap) and the condition was just fine, but if you search on Amazon you will find many of "The Girl in the Woods" at a very expensive price.

Unless it has something to do with "collecting" I don't get it.

The book is excellent, like I said, but all his books are!

I actually found one I haven't read!... but also found out it's because it hasn't been released yet!  heh...



Anyway, I can say just one thing.. any of David Bell's books are going to be a very good read.. so if you come across any, I'd pick 'em up and give them a chance.  They are especially good around "Halloween time"!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Seems to be no rhymme or reason as to why some books get so expensive like that. Lucky you often manage to find a cheaper copy though and you found a new author to collect.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home