My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 07, 2015

The Asylum

The Asylum by John Harwood.

Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Mariner Books;(May 27, 2014)
ISBN-10: 0544227727

From Publishers Weekly

Rosalyn Landor proves a fine choice to narrate this Gothic tale of mystery, mistaken identity, and madness. Georgina Ferrars awakens to find herself in a private asylum called Tregannon House. With no memory of the past several days, Georgina learns that she checked herself into the facility under the name Lucy Ashton. What follows is a suspenseful story of dark intrigue, as Georgina struggles to convince her captors of her true identity, even as mounting evidence begins to shake her belief in her own sanity. Landor's clear, accented reading pulls the listener into the sinister halls of Tregannon, and her first-person narration perfectly conveys the heroine's sense of confusion and growing desperation. With her crisp, straightforward delivery, Landor keeps the listener enthralled as one clue after another is revealed, leading to a climax that is as satisfying as it is surprising.

For this book I got away from detectives and murder but not from mystery! A number of times you think you know the outcome but have to keep reading to find out if you are right........ or not.

It's not a very long book but stays with  Georgina through the entire book. So it's not so much about and Asylum but about her journey while there.  At times you wonder if she is who she thinks she is, or is she really crazy?  The answers are doled out by the end and of course it has a few twists to get there.

Short book but very interesting in an enjoyable (if one can say that about an asylum) way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hey Sis... I saw the title of this and thought, 'Hey, she's found a book about the place I belong!' LOLOLOL!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home