My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Somebody I Used to Know

Somebody I Used to Know by David Bell.

Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: NAL (July 7, 2015)
ISBN-10: 0451474201

When Nick Hansen sees the young woman at the grocery store, his heart stops. She is the spitting image of his college girlfriend, Marissa Minor, who died in a campus house fire twenty years earlier. But when Nick tries to speak to her, she acts skittish and rushes off.
The next morning the police arrive at Nick’s house and show him a photo of the woman from the store. She’s been found dead, murdered in a local motel, with Nick’s name and address on a piece of paper in her pocket.
Convinced there's a connection between the two women, Nick enlists the help of his college friend Laurel Davidson to investigate the events leading up to the night of Marissa’s death. But the young woman’s murder is only the beginning...and the truths Nick uncovers may make him wish he never doubted the lies.

This is the 5th book I've read by David Bell and I have enjoyed them all.  Cemetery Girl, Never Come Back, The Forgotten Girl and The Hiding Place are the other four.  All of Bell's books are fast reading, easily followed, and very short chapters.  I can't ask for more!

Have you ever seen someone and thought, "I think I know that person...."  and you get up the nerve to actually approach them and ask?  ... sometimes it may not wind up as you thought it would. Sometimes, the past should be left alone.

In this book it doesn't take long when you think you know all the answers.  But as the answers finally surface, you find you weren't always right!  This and his other books are great books to travel with or when you just need some light reading.  They are mysteries and murders to be solved yet they are all pretty straight forward.  Not too many characters and just enough twists and turns to keep your interest.

2 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This sounds like a very interesting book---I use to take Lawernce Saunders books with me when I traveled because they were easy to read, always enjoyable, and often funny even though there were always grizzly things, too.
This book sounds like something I would love to read!

Sorry I haven't been around much----just too many things overwhelming me at this time. And I wonder---is this how my life is going to be from now on?? OY! I hope you are alright Pat.....I think of you often and of all the Beautiful Birds you get to see and the exquisite photo's you take of these lovely creatures which you share with us.
Keep them coming, my dear.....And BIG Hugs to you!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

This one sounds like an excellent mystery and having read the blurb I want to know what happens. LOL! Will keep an eye out for it at the library.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home