My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.

Paperback: 488 pages
Publisher: Berkley Books;(April 24, 2012)
ISBN-10: 9780425247440

alice

 

Alice Love is twenty-nine, crazy about her husband, and pregnant with her first child.

So imagine Alice’s surprise when she comes to on the floor of a gym (a gym! She HATES the gym) and is whisked off to the hospital where she discovers the honeymoon is truly over — she’s getting divorced, she has three kids, and she’s actually 39 years old. Alice must reconstruct the events of a lost decade, and find out whether it’s possible to reconstruct her life at the same time. She has to figure out why her sister hardly talks to her, and how is it that she’s become one of those super skinny moms with really expensive clothes. Ultimately, Alice must discover whether forgetting is a blessing or a curse, and whether it’s possible to start over…

I do not remember what I was thinking when I purchased this book... it wasn't my usual mystery/ murder/ or fantasy type.

But it certainly was interesting and got me to thinking alot.  How would you deal with the fact you no longer remembered the last 10 years of your life?  You don't remember having 3 children, or what they even look like.  You don't remember that you are in the process of a divorce from the man you married and loved and was the father of your children...  Difficult to think that could happen or how you would feel.

So, as different a book that this is to what I am use to reading...it was a book that I kept picking up, wanting to know how Alice was dealing with it and how it would all end.

In between there was her sister Elisabeth who had her own tragedies so you have a secondary story to follow.

A very enjoyable story and well told by the author.  It certainly makes you look back on your life and wonder, what if it happened to you?  Would your life be different today from it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You certainly find some different books, Pat. This one sounds pretty intersting! My reading is dragging a bit this month, hoping to do better in June.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home