My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 02, 2015

Death of a Chimney Sweep

Death of a Chimney Sweep by M.C. Beaton.

Hardcover. 248 pages
Publisher: Hardcover (December 25, 2011)
ASIN: B0062CU15O

 

Overview

In the south of Scotland, residents get their chimneys vacuum-cleaned. But in the isolated villages in the very north of Scotland, the villagers rely on the services of the itinerant sweep, Pete Ray, and his old-fashioned brushes. Pete is always able to find work in the Scottish highlands, until one day when Police Constable Hamish Macbeth notices blood dripping onto the floor of a villager's fireplace, and a dead body stuffed inside the chimney. The entire town of Lochdubh is certain Pete is the culprit, but Hamish doesn't believe that the affable chimney sweep is capable of committing murder. Then Pete's body is found on the Scottish moors, and the mystery deepens. Once again, it's up to Hamish to discover who's responsible for the dirty deed—and this time, the murderer may be closer than he realizes.

This is a small , quick read.  Although it bounced around nicely, not letting on "who done it".. being a small book it also didn't really let you get to know the characters all that well.  I am all about the characters, so it was a bit lacking for me.  Being such a small book things happen rather quickly!  Yet in other books some things are drawn out more then needed... not sure which is more enjoyable!

But there were murders to be solved and lately that seems to keep me reading most any book!  I have since found that there are a whole series of these books and so I am guessing that eventually getting to know the characters happens sooner or later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I tried one of this series a couple of years ago and couldn't get into it. Like you said, nothing much about the characters so I abandoned it after a couple of chapters. Yeah, I think it's quite a long series... I just checked... 26 books. LOL!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home