My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cemetery Girl

 Cemetery Girl by David Bell.

Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: NAL Trade;(October 4, 2011)
ISBN-10: 0451234677

girl_zps3fa36a58[1]

Four years after Tom and Abby's 12-year-old daughter vanishes, she is found alive but strangely calm. When the teen refuses to testify against the man connected to her disappearance, Tom decides to investigate the traumatizing case on his own. Nothing can prepare him for what he is about to discover.

Ummm… like.. holy cow!  This book took off running and never slowed down!

I enjoyed this book very much. Lot’s of stuff for me to like.. short, short chapters, double spacing, simple writing.. but boy it was a hard one to set down once I began to read it!   I don’t think I’d be exaggerating if I said I know some people who, if they begin to read this book… will read it in one sitting!

A number of twists and turns and a lot of wondering what happened during those 4 years that their daughter was missing.   We’ve probably heard most of things like this on the news at one time or another.  It always makes me wonder what makes some of the captives not try to escape and even not want to testify against them when found.  I won’t say that this book gives you answers but it will keep your mind moving at a fast speed!

The ending was a little less than I expected, but still.. a really good, fast read.  The sort of book one might take on a trip because of short chapters .

I have a second book by David Bell that I might pick up and see if his writing stays at warp speed or slows down some!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I will have to add this to my wish list. :)

12:25 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

So glad you enjoyed it Pat :D I love a good fast read once in a while ;)

6:53 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds full of mystery and a bit scary, too....I love a fast read!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I like the sound of this one. Hmm. Might do for my 'mystery' challenge if there are no dead bodies. LOL.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Must read this! Wonderful review, Pat. It sounds very good and riveting and intriguing.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home