My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mail Call!

Woot! Woot! (Doin’ the Happy Dance!) Look what came in the mail!!……………

mail1_zps219449bc[1]

Oh yeah! Oh Yeah!  here we go again!  It will be the 5th time seeing ST Into Darkness! (and I am sure it will not be my last!)

My first view of the book that is a Tribute to Anne McCaffrey was a little disappointing when I first held it in my hand.  It’s not a very good sized paperback and the paper wasn’t top quality……. :o(   But then I do the ol’ flip the pages and lookey what I found!

whelan4_zpsc91eb39e[1]

Original sketches and painting by Michael Whelan for Anne’s books!  *sigh*.. I do love Michael Whelan’s work!  It did make me wish this was a tad bigger and a hardback on better paper……… but I’ll take what they offer!

whelan3_zpsafdbcba1[1]

whelan2_zpsf0fac1d4[1]

whelan1_zps47e99089[1]

We are mid RIP and I am only on book 3 for RIP so this will wait a little.  I am happy to say that I did meet Anne once in NY at a Creation Convention.  I will always be glad for that!

Meanwhile, I hope you all have a great Mail Call soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Oh, Wow Pat! Those original sketches are amazing, and you met Anne McCaffrey!!! I would have died!! You're soooo lucky. I believe i'm ready for yet another re-read ;)

6:15 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I saw the dvd in the supermarket, didn't get it but plan to soon.

That book is utterly gorgeous!!! Stunning. Enjoy it, Sis.

6:21 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Well you're doing better than me! I still haven't finished a single book this month! And you know what? I still haven't seen the new Star Trek!!!! I know...what the hell is wrong with me?! LOL...I'll correct that soon :p

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home