My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Unable to say “no”… (as usual)

Accidents Happen: A Freebee, thanks to Simon and Schuster!

 free_zps5353da0e[1]

 

bk2_zps9d8f428c[1]

(above: free from the clubhouse)

bk3_zps86151122[1]

(above: free from the clubhouse. “The Fall of Nasa” sounds interesting.)

thrift_zpsbcdfe8d6[1]

(.85 cents/ Amazon)

bk4_zps1bfddf15[1]

(2.00/ Thrift store. Reading from the Roosevelt letter right now.)

bk5_zps05a89493[1]

(.50 cents..Thrift store)

bks6_zps38262e8d[1]

(1- free.Bellman & Black from Simon and Schuster / 1 -4.50:Amazon The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks/ 1- full price Amazon: The Golem and the Jinni)

I am chomping at the bits to read Bellman and Black but I am striving not to drop what I am in the middle of reading! 

I think I need to stop keeping a tbr list…………. I am driving myself insane! (not that I have far to go!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I read the first three books of outlander ... then never went back. I guess I should put the next ones on my to do

10:18 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Love the sound of the Kennedy letters book. I'm after that Golem and Djinni book too at some stage. Own Outlander but have not read it, must get to it one day. Suppose it would do for RIP as it's a ghost story I think? And you got the new Diane Setterfield!!!!!!!!! Free!!! Go you!!!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I like keeping up with your list. It's quite fun! I've added quite a bit to mine lately with a free books table at the library and the quarterly library book sale :)

7:37 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You've got some VERY interesting books there, my dear.....I wonder what The Kennedy book is like, though I know he was not the nicest of men---and an Anti-Semite, to boot....More Eleanor...that sounds really good!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

One of my co-workers was just talking about the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, yesterday! I really want to read it now. Must also read The Thirteenth Tale because you love it so, and because Bellman & Black does look good! lol

YOu have some lovely, interesting books there, Pat. Exciting!! it's funny how a tbr list becomes a list of the books that do come into the house, isn't it? :-) I find the same thing with mine, too. Kind of scary sometimes.....

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home