My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, March 03, 2013

A Bookish Day: New to the home…

But it’s not ALL my fault! 

geez… I just got my tbr *down to* 124 and now I get to add six… I will never get it below 100!!!!

The first two books are “new” from Amazon. But, Lettseee if I can spread the blame around! … I can blame Seraphina on my son Chris :o) he told me, after he read it that: you would really like this Mama! (headbutt on desk) .  It’s Fantasy.. it’s Dragons… it’s a book for Once Upon a Time *sigh*.

And I can blame A Natural History of Dragons on Ana!  Wow! I finally get to blame Ana!!! lol.   She mentioned this on her blog and anything concerning Dragons I check up on. (fatal error)

The rest of the books, Victoria’s Daughters, Before I go to Sleep, Others and Ripper Diary came for Friends of the Library to the grand total of 8 dollars for 4 books.

newhome_zps68e7f979[1]

Here’s a picture of the covers.  Unfortunately the Ripper Diary did not have a paper cover so it is just black.  Actually that seems right for the content!

newtohome_zps60b52890[1]

I don’t know who’s review I read about Before I go to Sleep but when the book was in front of me for 2.00 I read the inside cover and thought this is one for RIP!  As for “Others” by James Herbert, I did read one of his other books and liked it and so here I was faced with a 1.00 book ..I knew that I was doomed to have a pile from Friends of the Library. 

I spotted Victoria’s Daughters in their Biography section.  Paperback, looking new.. I read the back of the book and it sounded interesting, as in did the Mitfords when I got their book not knowing a thing about them.  That was book 3 from the used book store *sigh*.  Lastly, and again in the Biography section, I see this plain black book… I stupidly pulled it out to see it was about Jack the Ripper.  I read a Patricia Connelly book on him and found it quite good.  (gruesome but good)  I rolled my eyes and sighed and walked on…. with the book in my hand.

Will I never learn?

I finished my Bookish Day by getting an email from Carl with a link: I thought you should see this. Yeah right.. like it would be anything else but a book?! cha!

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/02/michael-whelan-will-add-one-more-dragon-to-anne-mccaffreys-menagerie

Possibly you can see 3 words in the link that might make me click on it! (possibly?!) Michael Whelandragon…and Anne McCaffrey.  duh.  Like, does anyone who knows me think I would NOT click this link?!

So before anyone else clicks it let me warn you…

yes, it’s a book.

yes, I did add it to my wish list,……

But it’s not coming out until August!  Hello?! August?!! AAARRRGGGGhhhhhhh!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I read about Seraphina on Susan's blog several months ago. It sounded good, I got it out of the library and then someone else wanted it before I could get to it.

Victoria's Daughter's I have on my wishlist, if I'd seen it somewhere that cheap I'd have nabbed it too.

Oh, I also have The Natural History of Dragons on my wishlist. It sounds *so* good.

11:13 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL.....You are funny, Pat. I think you should just accept the fact that this is who you are, and that it is better than okay! YOU LOVE BOOKS!! I think that's great!!!
And I say, just enjoy it all you want! It makes you happy! And there is nothing wrong with that! Some people cannot find anything that makes them happy...
ENJOY, ENJOT, ENJOY, my dear Pat!

7:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: could be that's where I read about it but it's been on my wishlist so loooong I had all but forgotten about it! I'm sure Amazon is glad I didn't forget it!

Naomi: as they say: so many books so little time! The older I get the more it gets ridiculous to buy books as I REALLY might not live long enough to read them all! Maybe if I was a speed reader but I am far from it lol

6:25 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I hate to burst your bubble but I haven't actually read Seraphina yet :p Though it is entirely possible that I told you that you'll probably love it based on what it's about, lol. It is however one that I own and I'm DYING to read!!!! I'll definitely have to get to it for OUaT!!!

12:14 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: say what??!! I may have to shoot my son!!!! well now we'd BOTH better like this book!! lol

6:02 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ok, you can blame me, and possibly Ana - I think she's read this too? or Kelly? I loved it, anyway, it's an awesome book about dragons, everyone here will love it! lol

I'm so glad you picked it up, Pat! I have to say you are being bad for my list :-) I'm wondering about that other dragon book, and have already added it to my want list. Sheesh. You and me both, we see the word dragon and off we go!

James Herbert is nice and spooky.....and I do like his stuff, he always scares me.....right, thats's another one on my want list! You might be happy to know that my TBR pile is above 100 books! and some have crept in despite my no-buying plan for this winter. Enjoy all your new books, Pat! They look really good.

11:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Susan.. why do I think you don't need help in finding books you want? lol lol.. actually the james herbert book I want is "Haunted" but when I saw this for 1.00 ..well.. you know the rest!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Serpahina is on book blogs everywhere. I read nothing but praise for the book. It is up for this year's Andre Norton award for YA fiction at the Nebula's.

7:54 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: it's first on the list for Once Upon a Time!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I hope you enjoy Before I go to Sleep. It kept me guessing until the very end.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home