My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Chicken Vegetable Soup

Yes, I know, you’ve seen many photo’s of my soup being made.. and this is my latest batch…

So… any guesses how many vegetables in “this batch”?

soup_zps64cf912c[1]

I say “this batch” because many times it depends on what’s available when I food shop for the soup.

Ok.. take a guess ..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The answer is 15!…

(garlic, onions, celery, carrots, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, cabbage, brussel sprouts, rutabaga, potato, peas, lima beans, sugar snaps, tomatoes)

I have been eating my Chicken Vegetable Soup as my main meal since mid July and as of today I have lost 20 lbs!!!!  (no guarantee’s it will stay off but I sure will try!) my goal is to loose 7 more pounds and then try to regulate my weight . At a younger age I’d say, “no problem” but not so sure now that am much older.  It’s been coming off really slowly so I hope that means it will pretty much stay off.. I am afraid to find out what happens when I try to eat foods other than the soup!  If the weight comes back on you can be sure I won’t blog about it! heh.

4 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! That is Great! Do you ever get bored with it? That would be a problem for me.....!

1:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: not really. I guess I got used to not having many food choices when I found I have high cholestrol. And being alone now I get to cook that one day and nuke it all week long and never have to think of what to eat! lol.

1:57 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

OMG Pat! That's wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you <3 And BTW that soup looks amazing!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. The soup looks really yummy and I was way off...I guessed 8!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home