My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Middle Earth…

hobposter[1]

Yesterday I went to see The Hobbit and I totally agree with Carl ‘s Review!!  I certainly could not give such a great review as he does, but I do have to voice in  just a little.

I have found that when I like what I am seeing a movie can never be "toooo loooong"!! I am always amazed at how fast it goes by!

I don’t want to give any spoilers so I won’t say a whole lot…

I really loved Richard Armitage as Thorin and I have to say I absolutely loved what they did for the Troll King!!! I thought he was fabulous!

I really liked Sylvester McCoy (oh! nice name! lol)  who played Radagast the Brown was excellent and glad he wasn’t neglected.

Again keeping with Carl’s excellent review, the music by, Howard Shores, was  outstanding!

Already I can't wait for this to be out in dvd! I feel sorry for those critics that go to movies to do nothing more than to find things wrong (in their minds).  while it's true  everyone can't like the same things sometimes they really annoy me trying to drag a movie down when others of us are so happy for what we see before us.

I will forever be gloriously happy that Peter Jackson made all the Tolkien movies (in this case with the help of Andy Serkis who was second director as well as Gollum).  I swear Jackson not only "sees" his movie before he begins but he sees what in the fans hearts and minds too.  So I thank Peter Jackson from bringing Tolkien's works to life for us... 
however...
I can't say that *at my age* I can appreciate *having to wait* a whole year for part 2 !!! ARRGGHHHH!

I hope I can get to see this movie again before it leaves the theater. (yes I liked it that much!)

Do yourself a favor and go see The Hobbit. 

Treat yourself.

Let Peter Jackson, Andy Serkis, Ian McKellan and all the others bring you back to Middle Earth.

*note* I have always loved Ian McKellan but after LoTR and The Hobbit, he has cemented himself in my heart, for ever more, as Gandalf!

hob7small[1]

5 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Couldn't agree more! I am so glad events conspired to put Jackson back at the helm of these films. It would not have been right without him. I like and respect del Toro, but I didn't want to see these films without Jackson's stamp on them. No way.

It wasn't too long for me. I was disappointed when I realized it was over. It had more light hearted moments than the other films, in keeping with the differences in the books, but I thought they did a great job of building in a sense of menace, a sense that things are happening that are far from good.

I left a link for you in the comments on my site to a review you might enjoy. The comments in that review are pretty fun too.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Thanks for the early email, btw, letting me know you liked it. Made me rest easy before getting to the theater.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh I didn't realise you posted about it before I emailed you. LOL. Been busy all day and haven't checked Blogger. It sounds amazing, am definitely going next week!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl & Cath: well I"ve seen it twice now and I liked it every bit as much if not more! can't wait for the dvd!!!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm very excited to see this one and agree that is is wonderful that Jackson got to make all of the films.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home