My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

“Used” is such a good word!

Nothing here cost over $1.00!… just gotta love used books! (some look like NEW!)  They weren’t bought all in one day but I hadn’t posted them at all.. so here they are.

used1[1]

The Hustons. I’ve read this book long ago and must have given it away. Hopefully I will read it again.

A Pocket Full of Rye.  I've not read any Agatha Christie before and this seemed a good start.

Franklin & Lucy. Well recently I’ve collected 2 huge books on Eleanor so I thought I’d give Franklin some time. (lord knows when!)

used2[1]

Not sure I want to begin a series but that old saying: “Hey for one buck I might read it”.. came into my head. *sigh*

used3[1]

Ahhh yet another Biography of a well known writer.  I mean really.. it was only one dollar! and I’d swear it was never read!

and below:

Some Christmas books. I so love the covers too.  

used4[1]

7 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

"Used" is one of my favorite words!!! I'd say you did good, lady! :D

7:49 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'd say you did good too, Sis. They all look like good finds to me. The fantasy is an author I haven't come across before so I hope that's good. I've read some Agatha Christie and it's not bad, varies a bit, but any Poirot or Miss Marple is usually good. But for a dollar - it doesn't matter.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Enjoy your new books, Pat!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: ain't that the truth! lol

cath: books for 50 cents or a dollar just kill me! I keep saying "ok one day I will read this"...yeah right..I won't live long enough to read the books I have! lol

hey kelly: danke! I pretty much always do! lol

12:31 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You got such great bargains, how could you resist? I hope you enjoy them all!

3:05 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Why do I tyhink you wrote about The Houston's on this Blog? Like, a long time ago?
Anyway....I think you got somne fabulous Books, my dear, and at such a reasonable price...!

Are you familiar with Jack Houston? He is a regular on "BOARDWALK EMPIRE" and very very good! He is Anthony Houston's son and Anjelica and Danny Houston are his Aunt and Uncle.....
I wondered if Anthony and his family are mentioned in the Book you have--Jack was brought up in England because his Mom is English.....
John Houston had so many wives and quite a few children, too, didn't he?

3:14 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Used books are the best sometimes, especially for finding that book that just isn't being published any more! Plus fun covers, original editions.....I love both new and used bookstores. Another good thing is the price - all under $1!!! yaay it always makes me feel rich when I can bring books hone, do you find the same thing? no matter what they cost, it's still new to me. Enjoy reading them, Pat!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home