My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: The Army of Dr. Moreau

rip7200[1]

(book 10 for RIP)

Sherlock Holmes: The Army of Dr. Moreau by Guy Adams.

Paperback
Publisher: Titan Books (UK) (August 7, 2012)
ASIN: B009CRMOAQ

moreau[1]

Book Description

Publication Date:August 7, 2012

Following the trail of several corpses seemingly killed by wild animals, Holmes and Watson stumble upon the experiments of Doctor Moreau.
Moreau, through vivisection and crude genetic engineering is creating animal hybrids, determined to prove the evolutionary theories of Charles Darwin. In his laboratory, hidden among the opium dens of Rotherhithe, Moreau is building an army of 'beast men'. Tired of having his work ignored -- or reviled -- by the British scientific community, Moreau is willing to make the world pay attention using his creatures as a force to gain control of the government.
A brand-new adventure for Conan Doyle's intrepid sleuth!

Hmmmm, ok well I sent for this book because of RIP and it actually was a fairly good read for it!

Some descriptions of “dead folk” found in the Thames was pretty gruesome and mentions of Dr Moreau’s work with mixing humans and animals is not the prettiest picture one could conjure up!

At first I thought that maybe this wasn’t my brightest move, on my part, to get a Sherlock Holmes book not done by Doyle… but then again Nicholas Meyer wrote 3 Sherlock books that were excellent, so why not someone else?

I think this was an enjoyable read.  It’s hard to let go of the original author if every word doesn’t seem to correspond with how it’s “creator” meant it to be..but then again.. do we really know what it’s meant to be??

So if you tend to like Sherlock and Watson…

And you know the basic story of Dr Moreau..

I think you will enjoy this book.

This is a quick read.  Short chapters. and just enough of “what next?” to keep you reading…

Let me mention that I loved the cover art on this book.. done by: Amazing15.com

6 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oooh this does sound really good!! I have a series that someone wrote about a young sherlock holmes...it's a YA series...haven't read it yet, but I like to read other people's takes on Sherlock too :) Glad you enjoyed it!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I've got to read this book. I am a fan of "Dr. Moreau", and of course, "Sherlock Holmes". Sounds like a win-win. LOL ! Happy Halloween !!!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

Another new Holmes book, will add it to my TBR list. Hope you are staying dry:)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Dr. Moreau is one of those classic books I've never read. I should do so at some point.

10 books for for RIP... that's pretty good, Sis. I just finished my 7th. Need to think about a wrap-up post.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Katherine said...

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Moreau. That's a pairing I hadn't seen before. Might have to check it out.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Based on your description I am not sure I am dying to read this one but will add it to my list for future.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home