My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

August Reads

I look at the list of books I read in August and think “wow, I’ve never read so many books in one month!  Then I look again and realize many of them are not very big books lol.

The page count is 2412. 

1. The God of the Hives..........Laurie R King
2.
Sister........................Rosamund Lupton
3.
Wildthorn.....................Jane Eagland
4.
The Secret Garden.............Frances H Burnett
5.
Little Lord Fauntleroy........Frances H Burnett
6.
The Hobbit....................J R R Tolkien
7.
Nine Coaches Waiting..........Mary Stewart

It was a good group of books.  I had been putting off reading The Secret Garden because I had seen both the older and “newer” (Maggie Smith) versions of the movie more then once.  But the reading of it was totally enjoyable.  And the same for Little Lord Fauntleroy.  That was quite a short book, and right after I read it the Freddie Bartholomew movie came on cable!!  It was a short but sweet movie and read. 

I reread the Hobbit so that it would be recent in my mind since part one of the movie comes out this December.  I’m glad I did because there was one part of their adventure I had totally forgotten about.

And then, of course, Nine Coaches Waiting, is my first read for RIP.  So, all in all, August was a good reading month.

So far September isn’t as good .   I started to read book 2 for Rip called Nevermore.  It had all the makings of a book I’d really like.  The book used a lot of historical figures which I enjoy in a book.  The likes of Conan Doyle, and Houdini and toss in Poe for good measure.  But after 129 pages I found I was not picking up the book every chance I had nor was I compelled to read on.  So I am giving up on this book and will look among my others and hope that the next one grabs me.

So.. how was your August?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

That's a good total for August and I know you enjoyed them all. I read 8 last month but 5 were rereads. I don't think I've ever reread so many books in one month. LOL. I have another book almost finished and then I'll be starting my RIP books.

6:05 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Glad you've had such a great month! I've given myself permission to do the same things these days…if things aren't connecting, I just set the book aside and pass it on to someone else! There are too many books to read and way too little time. Need to make time for the good ones :)

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home