My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back in the Day….

First off I have to say I had a shock yesterday.   After doing my  post about Little Lord Fauntleroy the movie actually came on TCM later that day!!!  I didn’t know it was coming on and missed half of the movie but I was glued to the second half since I had just read the book!

All I can say is wow!  Almost verbatim from the book!!!  I guess back then they figured if a book was that good to be made into a movie why mess with perfection?!!!  Extraordinary!   Seriously… if you can see Little Lord Fauntleroy don’t miss the opportunity!

Since seeing the movie made me nostalgic for the old black and white movies and the child stars I thought I’d post a few to see if you know who they are.

A dead giveaway will be their name “lightly” below each photo… but try to guess first!

child11[1]

child22[1]

child33[1]

child44[1]

child55[1]

child66[1]

child77[1]

 

If you have seen these child stars as adults it wouldn’t surprise me.. but what you should do is to find some of the movies they were in as children…you’d be amazed at what good movies they were in.

Below is Freddie Bartholomew , Mickey Rooney and Jackie Cooper.

rooneybartharamulcoope2r[1]

6 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I knew them all! What I had forgotten was how many films Freddie and Mickey had made together...!
A Fun Post, my dear Pat.

2:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I figured you'd know them all lol..I loved the black and white movies!! loved the original movies that were Dickens stories and the use of people like Edna May Oliver!
Hard to believe that Mickey Rooney is 92 yrs old!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I got quite a few. Looked and looked at Judy Garland and then when I found out who it was felt really stupid. LOL.

6:59 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Believe it or not I actually identified the first three! LOL…so glad that you got to catch this movie Pat :D

10:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: I will admit that I looked for one that would be harder to guess since she's so recognizable lol

chris: I'm surprised you didn't guess Robert Blake.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I got Shirley Temple... I am not a movie person, so once I saw the names and looked back at the pictures I felt stupid. :)

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home