My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, June 01, 2012

Spam...

I am truly sorry that I have put those funky letters back on but without them I have about a dozen "spam" a day. most have the word Afganastan in them... therefore I do not even want to open them in my email to "moderate". I will wait 2 weeks and try to take it off again... that is ... IF I can because when they change the interface I can not find how to change it again ...nor can I find how to change ANYTHING in my template again... I guess Blogspot doesn't want you to have ANY control over your blog anymore.

sorry to let off steam like that. if it would be easier for you all to send a comment in email please do that.. I have very few commentors but I like each and every one of you, and I hate to loose you because of those idiot letters. Meanwhile, if anyone of you is on the new interface can you tell me where I find my settings and comment spam and things I can change like that... thank you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

That's too bad, Pat. I have been lucky so far in that the spam is caught by Blogger. I hope I don't have problems because I hate word verification...

As to the interface, I am still using the old one... I won't switch until they make me and then I will probably get annoyed!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I notice they changed the wording about the interface changing from 'it's changing next month' to 'it's changing in the next few months'. Maybe they've had a lot of complaints. I tried the new one, hated it, went back to the old and like Kelly am not changing until they force me.

Sorry you're being bothered by spam. Mine goes into the spam box but there's lot more than there ever was.

6:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Like your other two commenters, I am still using the old Interface and like them, will only change if FORCED to....There was a place on the NEW Interface where you could choose to use the old one--it wasn't obvious, but it is there....

I still think Comment Moderation works better than those 'letters'...What doesn't automatically go to Spam, you can delete before posting....Sorry I'm of no help, Pat.

7:27 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

i haven't put word verification on yet but I've been very tempted to!! i get so much freaking spam too..it's so damn aggravating!

1:21 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Mine all go into a spam folder. I still receive notification but they dont post on my blog.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I have to use the letters too Pat. I've just been spammed too many times and don't want people who subscribe to comments on my blog getting messages about prescription drugs and the like. I'm happy to type in the letters and make it easier for you!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home