My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 07, 2012

Amber & Iron

thejourneysix[1]

(Book 7 for Once Upon a Time)

Amber & Iron by Margaret Weis.

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Wizards of the Coast (February 7, 2006)
ISBN-10: 0786937963

1iron[1]

 

Book Description

Publication Date: February 7, 2006 | Series: Dragonlance: The Dark Disciple, Vol. 2 (Book 2)

The world of Krynn is ever changing, and even the gods can be taken by surprise. And if that’s true of the gods, what chance can a mere mortal have? Caught up in forces none of them could hope to face alone, a small but determined band of adventurers come together in a desperate attempt to stop an invasion.
Mina, as enigmatic as ever, escapes imprisonment to set off on a quest that will test even her considerable will. All the while, evil spreads across the land, gaining ground with each new day. With so much at stake, with the very soul of Krynn on the line, champions must be found even in the darkest places.

I can’t believe that I didn’t mention the cover artist on the first book!  ack!  That would be Matt Stawicki.  I have many books that have covers made by him!  If you are wondering why I didn’t make his name into a link..let me tell you.. I tried to go there to get the link for others to see more paintings by him… I got a warning page that Malware was there. So I looked further to see if I could find another page and I was on Wikipedia and click on a link to him…when it didnt load immediately I X’ed it off and Nortons popped up staying it blocked something from it… so as much as I’d like to link to him for you all… I can’t! And I would advise just to google “images” with his name and you can see many paintings by Matt Stawicki . I wouldn’t be surprised if you recognized some from books you have read, he’s really one of the good artists doing book covers.

So.. the book.

Once again Margaret Weis keeps me fully interested in the story and the characters.  I like the monk, Rhys who is, to me, the reluctant hero type , along with his herder dog, who now herds Kenders.  One of which is his sidekick, Nightshade, who can talk to the dead. (ummm I  could have used these books for RIP but didn’t know that going into the first book)

I still love that she tosses in names and places from the original Dragonlance books, including reminders of Taz and Flint. (if you hadn’t read those books you won’t recognize the names, sorry)

She has many new characters of course but stays true to certain things about the overall Dragonlance stories.

Rhys, Atta (the dog) , and Nightshade remain the main reluctant hero’s as in book one.  Margaret puts them thru (excuse the expression) living hell to keep them together and on the right track.   In doing so, more of the old Gods are mentioned as Chemosh the Death God keeps rearing his deadly ways.

I am now headed for book three, having devoured book two pretty quickly.    I am sure that any of your that has read a number of the Dragonlance books before would find this trilogy yet another adventurous story.  I am beginning to think Margaret Weis is one of their Gods and constantly knows what’s going on everywhere and every time! If she isn’t she is a source to be reckoned with by all the Gods of the Dragonlance series!

4 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

7 books for OUaT already!!! Oh my, my, my but you are putting me to shame with my piddly little 2. Oh well, I enjoy the two I've so far read so that counts for a lot, right?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really must get back to Dragonlance. It has been years!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I've always love the covers for these, gorgeous!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sounds like you've found a series to love and that artwork is truly stunning.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home