My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Movie Should Count..

I know that Carl’s Sci-Fi Experience is (as always :o)  ) reading sci-fi books… but the last Star Trek Movie was on last night, and I think that should count!   

newStarTre[1]

I didn’t even realize the movie was going to be on until I was flipping thru the cable “tv guide”.  It had begun already so I thought, ok I’ll peek, after all I own the movie and have watched it a number of times without commercials.

star-trek-movie-cast[1]

Peeking is quite similar to trying to eat just one potato chip!  In other words, It ain’t gunna happen!  *sigh*

The instant it came on I knew to give up and toss the hand control away.   This is the first Star Trek, of them all, that makes me feel as if I am watching a creation of Gene Roddenberry’s that was meant to be .

Were there faults.

I think so.

But there was ohhhhhhh so much ..right.

Each actor owned their part…. but they stayed true to the originals just enough that my mind flipped back and forth.  I’d see the new actors but somehow they were the originals.  To quote a certain Vulcan, “Fascinating”.

The length of the movie is over in a blink of an eye. 

But…but… but… isn’t there more? (yes, the Beetle wants more!)

My mind encompassed each of the new actors. (not really new anymore) but my heart said I was watching Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley.   Scotty couldn’t have been more “Scottish”, Chekov couldn’t have been funnier while being as cute as ever, Sulu could have still torn off his shirt and branded a sword, and Uhura was as beautiful as ever.

They just couldn’t have been more right in their choices for the cast…

…and I cannot wait for the next movie to be released in the theaters!

I will never really know why the Original show bore so deeply into me and refused to go away…  but I will forever be grateful that it did. 

If I could, I would thank each and everyone of the actors for taking the leap of faith and keeping the Original Star Trek alive. 

And “Dammit Jim, this is a movie not a book!”…but it certainly deserves to be included in Carl’s Sci-Fi Experience!!

(woo hooo! never thought I’d contribute..but I think I finally did!!!)

9 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE your love and enthusiasm for this series, Pat...And I am assuming you are talking about the "pre-quel"....with Chris Pine (?) I hope I have that name right...
Anyway...I think the movie should count, too....lol!

8:37 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: even before I knew DeForest (Dr McCoy) i loved the original series... this movie makes me feel like I am on familiar ground ... Chris Pine and all of them (with special preference to Karl Urban heh) were just fantastic and I am so happy that they are finally making another movie!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I love this film. I think I watched it 3 or 4 times last year. It gives me that sense of wonder feel of the original and has the cool updated special effects that excite me. Nothing new will ever replace the old show in my affections, but at least this movie created something close and I too am looking forward to the next film.

9:17 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: I saw it twice in the movies and 3 more times at home on dvd...but it's been a while since I saw it and when it came on cable I was so hooked I couldn't have turned it off if I wanted to!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I saw it twice in theaters when it came out and then saw it again in the theater last year when they re-released it. That was a thrill to see it up on the big screen again.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

:D

11:09 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

As you know I too adored this movie. Zachary Quinto nailed Spock to the point where, like you said, I almost felt it *was* him. Very odd. Hopefully the new movie won't be too long in coming.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

This is a very popular movie in my household. The guy will randomly decide he needs to watch it again. :)

12:16 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Agree, Agree, and wholeheartedly Agree!!! Looooved this movie, it totally brought me back to the original shows. The cast was perfect!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home