My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Mailman has Been Busy!

The mailman has been busy!!  One day 2 boxes arrived!  The first box had my Amazon order in it which included Red Herring without Mustard (my next installment of “detective”  Flavia), my last installment of the Harry Potter movies (so now I have them all!) and a book called Elephant Man which I already read and posted about.

The second box was from Debi! (of Still Nothing of Importance fame) Once opened I found three Christmas wrapped boxes! 

mail1[1]

Here they are again… I took this picture because the paper with the snowflakes is yet something else that Debi and the kids made! 

homepkgs[1]

Along with a homemade Christmas Card that had already arrived!! Wonderful, Wonderful! Thank you! Thank you Debi!!!

handmade[1]

Then on yet another day …another package!!  This one from my “sis” across the pond, Cath (of Read_Warbler fame)  In the package were 3 pressie’s!!!  One is a calendar of beautiful nature sights in England.  The other….

gift1[1]

…is a book on Tintagel Castle!!!  (or what’s left of it lol) Tintagel Castle is in Cornwall and Cath and her hubby went there on  holiday and took some gorgeous photo’s for me (even better than the ones in this book!!) . So she picked this up for me knowing I’d be interested in it.  You can see the remains of the castle on the upper right of the photo. Tintagel Castle is linked to King Arthur and Merlin! Ahhh yes, see below in the photo the cave?… that’s Merlin’s Cave!  Need I say more?  I didn’t think so!  And not to be forgotten I received a beautiful blue leather book mark with Tintagel Castle at the top.

mailmail[1]

And yet another day brought a package from my “son” Chris!!! (from Stuff As Dreams Are Made On fame)  The box was rather heavy so I set it on the floor to open it.  (one can spot the Pineapple jelly, homemade by my son!!!!  I intend on sampling it later this morning!)  Mmmmm mmmm my baby boy knows how to take care of Mama!  Thank you sooooooooooo much Chris!

mail5[1]

..as I began to investigate what was in the box… along came Boo and did his own searching!

boobooAnimation2[1]

So… that’s what the mailman has be busy doing!! 

Hey, he can stay as busy as he wants!! lol

I hope everyone else’s Christmas and Hanukkah are shaping up this good!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Wow, Pat, you are spoiled. How wonderful! Enjoy everything. :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Kelly! I hope you have a great Christmas!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh how lovely Pat...Lots of Thoughtful Pressies for you, my dear....
The Mail"Lady" hasn't brought roo many things yet---Some Candy--two different people, and some Harry & David Pears--YUMMMMM...from my sister....!
Enjoy All Your Wonderful Gifts, Pat---You Deserve them!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

No delays in the Christmas post this year thank goodness!

Chris's pineapple jelly looks yummy. And I love Debi's homemade card and paper. So clever.

Boo is cute... love your slide show.

I just finished that Flavia book you got... huge fun.

Happy Holidays to you, Sis.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Boo Boo Kitty is just so stinkin' cute! You know, I even thought after I'd sent your box off that I should have stuck something in for him...wish I'd thought of it sooner! Hope you enjoy all your goodies, Pat! You positively deserve to be showered in gifts, dear lady!

6:23 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thank you Naomi and I hope you and sweetie have a great Holiday...and a fabulous new year.

hi Cath..I can't remember getting so much in the mail!! lol boo was sure nosey lol

Debi: ahhh thats ok Debi! lol then my pressies would smell like cat nip! hahahaha and he'd tear them apart! lol

6:40 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Woo-hoo!!! Great stuff! I'm so thrilled for you.

I love that wrapping paper. And aren't Debi's cards the best? I truly look forward to them every year. My wife and I always comment on how cool her penmanship is. She is a creative dynamo.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home