My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 31, 2011

R.I.P.

Here’s to a Happy  Halloween and another Successful RIP!…

Wow, … is it really over already??  Time flies when you are reading a creepy book that’s for sure!

As little as 4 yrs ago (September 2007 to be precise) I read my first RIP book… reluctantly!   I don’t like to read about Vampires or Werewolves or Zombies  or.. well you get the picture.  I got extremely lucky and found  a little book called “Gil’s All Fright Diner”.  Did it have a Vampire?  Why, yes it did.  Did it have a Werewolf? Ummm, yup it did.  But unlike a “normal Vampire, or normal Werewolf” these two were Funny,and they were reluctant heroes!  I thought, ok I can do this!  Then Mr. Carl introduced me to Gothic Mysteries… lord help me.  … I am hooked, hooked, hooked!  

And so each year now I await RIP in hopes I will find even more books to enjoy!  I have found some gems along the way which include “The Thirteenth Tale” and “Drood”…if that isn’t bad enough I have become a Wilke Collins fan!  You couldn’t have gotten me to read a book by Wilke or Dickens when I was young to save my life!  And yet, here I am… an old fart who likes Wilke Collins!…I hear that stranger things have happened but it would take man walking on the moon to beat that one!… oh.. right.. that’s been done!  heh…

Anyway.. here I sit broken hearted… paid a dime and only…well, only read 10 things for RIP!

endskull[1]

endmoon3[1]

I think if I had to pick just one book to be my favorite of them it would be The Graveminder by Melissa Marr.  I think it most fit the ambiance of the challenge. 

I can never thank you enough for holding this challenge each year, Carl !

Without you it would only be another Halloween. 

                      end[1]

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I can't believe it's all over for another year. Ten books is fantastic, Pat, and some good reads there. Did you find any more real gems like The Thirteenth Tale? They're very few and far between it seems to me.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Happy Halloween dear Pat!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Marce said...

I'm giggling about WilkeC, I haven't tried her yet, but have 2 as a possibility, maybe next year.

Isn't Flavia the best, I may read the Christmas one this year.

I think Mrs Peregrines was the popular choice this year.

I read 6 and enjoyed The Restorer by Amanda Stevens the most.

See you next year.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

May you have a spooky and wonderful Halloween Pat !

11:56 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I'd say that was a mighty successful RIP you had this year, Pat! And luckily Carl throws in OUaT to help tide us over until the next RIP, right? :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I cannot believe the amount of books that you read, Pat....It Is AMAZING!!!
And it sounds like this was a very very successful R.I.P.!!
And a Belated Happy Halloween, my dear.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Oh, I love that big grave marker!

Very fun way to put your book list together. That would make a really cool reading list bookmark.

So glad you gave in all those years ago and decided to give RIP a try. Even more thrilled that you have found some incredibly awesome books to read and to encourage us to read, despite what it does to my tbr pile. Like you I keep hoping we'll discover that next Thirteenth Tale, but in the meantime we've both read some amazing books.

Glad you had a good time, and before we know it we'll be back again!

And how funny, my word verification is "aripme".

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home