My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 03, 2011

Plucker

rip62001

Book 5 for RIP

 Plucker by Brom.

Hardcover: 160 pages
Publisher: "Harry N. Abrams, Inc." (October 1, 2005)
ISBN-10: 0810957922

pluk[1]

From Booklist

Gr. 9-12. The story of sentient childhood toys abandoned when a child grows up takes on a ghastly, gothic slant in this oversize, illustrated volume. The main character is Jack, a spring toy that takes on an evil imp, loosed from the head of an African spirit doll, which has designs on a child. Illustrated with darkly washed images of broken dolls, bound snow angels, and the devilish Plucker, this is a horror novella likely to appeal to those with little sentimentality for things of childhood and who enjoy the chilly anxiety that comes with the possibility of powerful things that go bump in the night. The beautiful production values here outdo both the literary quality and the depth of the images. Some readers will find the whole too creepy; others will be fascinated.

OMGosh! needless to say as childish as it is about a young boys toys “coming alive” and fighting evil… this is NOT a young child's bedtime story! LOL..

However, Brom's artwork is so outstanding you can’t stop reading a little and then staring at the art a lot..then read a little and more staring at the artwork!

Don’t get me wrong.. it IS evil.  *it’s dark! it’s Brom!*

It IS gory. 

It is witchcraft.

…and it even has it’s sad moments.

But it's just  NOT for little kids …and that’s the truth, pplllssssttt.

edithann[1]

There’s not a lot that can be said about a book that is only 160 pgs long with artwork on almost every single page, without giving away too much.

The story is cute (don’t know that word is right for evil but hey).. and if you like Brom at all and like his artwork ….this is a must have.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'm not sure about buying this but will take a look at the library catalogue to see if they have it, as I'm curious now...

10:32 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

LOL, I used to love that Lily Tomlin skit. I would buy this for the artwork alone but I'm glad you also enjoyed the story :D

11:21 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Yeah…this is definitely a must have for me :) Onto the wishlist it goes!! Glad you enjoyed it mama :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really must read Brom!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

stopped by to see if you'd seen this:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/04/earlyshow/main20115252.shtml

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home