My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Lately

I know that I haven’t been around much lately.  It’s mostly called anxiety and stress. Yet another word for it is fear.

All that and then my computer died.  I mean like reeeeally died.   For a number of years I have relied on Pete.   Pete is my oldest son’s very good friend. He was even Best Man at my son’s wedding.  Pete has graciously allowed me to call him in panic times with my computer even when I lived back in New Jersey.  So it came as no shock to him when I called and said that I had the blue screen of death.

Circumstances were such that he dropped what he was doing and came to my home.  

He began trying to fix my computer.  Which in the long run he could do except that once parts begin to go..the rest follows.  And so while xp was loading on the tower we went to Best Buy and I wound up buying a Dell 23 inch touch screen all in one.  (days later when I found my paperwork for my old computer I found I paid less than half for this one than I did for my old computer!) 

I think most of why i went ahead and charged the new computer was because, since it was windows 7 (yuck) I thought it would help keep my mind off of the anxiety and stress stuff.  Unfortunately, I can’t say it’s done that.  And I am still learning my way around windows 7.  Can’t say I like the changes to my programs..even this Live Writer I use to do my blog posts now does not give me the option to bring in pictures from the web.  I don’t want to use them from my computer for the reason which just happened ..if the computer crashes the pictures go bye bye.   I am not even sure I  am doing the pictures so they will stay.  

yup, I know I am old.  I know i hate changes.  and I will say, the older i get the harder it is to relearn things.  It’s always been easier to learn “new” then to relearn a different way.

So now I have the new computer… getting around much slower than before.. but the anxiety and stress are still huge.  And so my reading has darn  near bit the dust.  I am lucky it I read 10 pages a day.   My camera is hardly picked up these days.  It seems no interest can conquer my problems at the moment.

Anyway… here I tried using the camera (of course had to learn how to put them on the new computer which upsets me more)  and then having trouble with live writer not showing me a way to get the photo’s here *from the web* and not my computer.  But I did it somehow, don’t even know if I will remember how to do it again..  You’d think I’d feel good about somehow managing to do it ..but I don’t.

I hope you can bear with me, i want things the way they were..just don’t know if my head will get back there.

newputer[1]

newputer2[1]

Below is Pete.  Without him I’d have fallen to pieces .  I will never be able to thank him enough…. never.

pete[1]

8 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Awww Pat :( Sometimes we just have to take things day by day...even minute by minute. This too shall pass, my grandmother used to say, but it's hell until it does...lol
Love me <3

7:34 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I don't like change either. I had been spending a lot of time on Facebook, and they made so many changes that I left.

7:47 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm with you on the "change" thing---I don't like it at all, ESPECIALLY where the computer is concerned....I find the learning curve more and more difficult, the older I get, so...I REALLY understand what you are saying about that, Pat.
I'm sorry you are going through other things that have you so anxious and fearful, my dear....I wish I could help you, dear Pat...And I hope whatever it is that is troubling you goes away quickly!

8:09 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: you got that right

donna: yes, fb is screwing up a good thing..we nontechy type get left out to dry

naomi: thank you .. i hope so too

8:54 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I hope you soon learn all about you computer. My neighbor has one of those touch screen computers.
Feel better soon Pat.Helen

12:24 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

It's a great looking pc, but boy have they changed since I bought this one, just four years ago. Like you, when I replace this I'll have to learn everything over again and I'm not looking forward to it. Luckily Peter has Windows 7 so he's test driving the system for me. LOL.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

My computer died during the summer and I almost had a heart attack. It was a horrible time for it to die and I am still a bit stressed about the fact I have an added expense, so I can totally relate! There are many things I will never know how to do on a computer. I have given up caring. If it is really important I call the cc's brother and say 'How do I do *insert new problem*?' It is actually a good thing because the cc and his brother have sort of drifted apart and I bring them together... Anyway, what I wanted to really say was you will figure things out and at least you are trying. I get phone calls at work asking how to do the most basic things. The cc and computers are a bad mix. I personally think he does it on purpose... (I also had XP, so it was a huge change for me!)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling good lately. I hope that you will be feeling better soon and the stress and anxiety will subside.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home