My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Time Quake...Bk. 3

 The Time Quake is my third book for Quest the First. (Having already finished The Journey)

The Time Quake by Linda Buckley-Archer

Hardcover: 464 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (October 6, 2009)
ISBN-10: 141691529X

 

From Booklist

Readers familiar with Kate, Peter, and Gideon from The Time Travelers (Gideon the Catpurse 2006) and The Time Thief (2007) will happily find that their exciting adventures continue. While greedy Lord Luxon tries to change history by having the British defeat the Americans in 1776, Gideon and the children must overcome obstacles to retrieve the one remaining time machine to stop the quakes and set history aright. In this conclusion of the Gideon trilogy, Buckley-Archer presents a satisfying, yet rather abrupt, neatly packaged conclusion

Taa Daa!... I finished the trilogy!

Book 3 seems to have more history facts then in the other two books, and I found that the author curled the story around it very nicely!  These books would be good for someone to read who wanted some light reading for a Historical Challenge!

Overall the books were very enjoyable. They weren't the kind I couldn't put down (but the past number of months none have been, it's ME not the books!) but I still did enjoy them.  Normally, I am not a fan of Time Travel books, but on the rare occasion I've read a few that suited me, this would be one of them... not too much to overwhelm me!

The characters got separated, so some were in the present and some in the past but the author wrote well enough not to confuse this rattled brain.  When we follow Lord Luxon we get to see Washington crossing over into New Jersey, and he decides he will dispose of Washington and by doing so he will change history .  Not a thought I'd like to ponder!

We also find out in book three that the good man Gideon, who has been helping the children all along has a not so nice brother who he thought was dead. (a little intrigue going on ).

I would say the books were quite enjoyable.  They are YA books and would make excellent read out loud to the kids books.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'll have to think about these for my grandaughter's b/day maybe, as they sound pretty good and she likes historical fantasy.

(And hey... we're next to each other on Carl's Mr. Linky!)

12:11 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: well 2 of the 3 books are in trade paperback but the 3rd is new and still only hardback...

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home