My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

RIP & Oct. Wrap Up

I can't believe RIP and October are both over! Geez!

I was pleased and shocked at how much I read this year for RIP..  TEN books!!

And not just "any ten books".. many were rather large!....

for a total of 4752 pages!!! Woo hooo for me!!

As always I want to thank Carl for Hosting the RIP Challenge.  It has led me into really enjoying Gothic Mystery!!! 

As for October's Wrap up...

2314 pgs for the month.

My favorite read of them all is Drood. (if I don't count my REreading The Thirteenth Tale)  Coming in second was Shadow of the Wind.. then (after a slow start!) is The Woman in White, and fourth place goes to The Forgotten Garden. (but a close tie with Angels Game)

I have to say I was on a really good run of enjoyable books!  None were what I might call a looser! I hope everyone enjoyed their choices for RIP as much as I did ! (did anyone notice that we were really close to having 700 reviews?!!! That's amazing!)

Happy November 1st Everyone....

 

 

15 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

The R.I.P. Challenge this year was great. I read 6 'regular' books and 2 of short stories. I didn't review the short story books because they were a mixed bag. The good stories were really good, but the rest... eh!

I've added Gil's All Fright Diner to my need to find and read list. Along with a few others from the review site. That site was really dangerous! LOL!

Looks like you had a good reading month for October, hears looking forward to November!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

WOW!!!! Pat, this is one impressive pile of reading! And how awesome that you enjoyed them all, huh?!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi JJ: Gils is a comical book / spoof ..if you will so I hope you enjoy it if and when you get it lol..

Hi Deb: I hope the kids h ad a good time on Halloween!! Yeah I impressed myself ! hahahaha.. so so loved Drood and Shadow of the Wind most of all.. but each one was great even with the very slow beginning to Woman in White! Drood turned me into a Dickens and Collins "fan" sorta.. now I love reading about those two men and the time period.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

As I said to you before, I'm so impressed with the books you read, Pat, and feel really inspired to read a few gothic mysteries myself this winter. Ten books of that quality and length is amazing. Well done, sis!

2:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath: heck, I impressed myself LOL.. I never thought I'd get thru Drood let alone all those others!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

That is one pile of books! I finisher R.I.P. early but have yet to do a wrap-up post. You did a great job, Girl!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, you accomplished quite a lot of reading! Congratulations and glad you enjoyed it!

9:52 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Wow! You read some wonderful books!

Sunday Salon: October Wrap Up

RIP IV Wrap-up

11:16 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Damn Pat!! That's almost 5000 pages just for the RIP challenge! Hey, we both read The Magician's Elephant this month :) I knew you read it, but didn't realize that was this month! Really liked that one! I can't believe it's November already!! So crazy!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous mee said...

Oh wow you were rereading the Thirteenth Tale! I plan to pick it up at next year RIP :). I'm reading the Woman in White now!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You did a great job! That's a lot of pages! I always say I am going to keep track of that, but every year I never manage to actually do so...

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Tracey said...

Congratulations! A wonderful group of books 0:)

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, ten books for the R.I.P.! Congratulations! I only did half of that.

I'm looking through your list now -- R.I.P. and October wrap-up for my wishlist for next year. I think you've got some great titles here. Thanks for posting these! :D

11:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

gavin: danke! *grin* pretty proud myself!

And thanks to kathleen and gautami too! I did enjoy this RIP!

Chris: yes we did.I just wish you had enjoyed/ finished Gils All Fright Diner ..I don't seem to choose good books for you.. but right now I hope you are typing away at Nano!!! Go Chris!

Mee: i liked a Woman in White but 13th Take is my fav. book of all! I've read it 3 times !!

Kailana: only reason I have page numbers is from the info I take from Amazon lol.. so all I keep is title author and size. and this is only the 3rd yr of keeping any list at all

thanks Tracy , I think so too! lol

hello jos!..I got lucky this year and enjoy everything I picked up! Droods size was daunting and left it for book number 4 thinking that would be the final book.. never thought I'd read so much!!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

You rocked the challenge this year! Rocked it! I cannot believe all the chunksters you read. I'm glad you enjoyed your reading so much. I'm going to go back and check out some of your reviews. I had been given a copy of Drood from a contest I won but I ended up selling it to help with debt reduction because I was able to get a really good price from it and I have so many chunksters already, I didn't want another staring at me. I will probably regret that, but what can you do.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home