My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Empty at the Pond..

The Pond has been deadly quiet.. almost no once has come around.. but I did get one silhouette of the small heron early morning...

And then I saw the turtle on land and close by!

One of the Moorhen chicks had to check him out..

I looked across the pond and saw three more!..

So now we know of 4 turtles and I still think we have a soft shelled one that I haven't seen again yet..

look how big the Moorhen babies are !

Remember when their little "wings" had no feathers at all on them?!

Well...That's all that's going on at the pond these days..

7 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Thanks for keeping my birds appetite satiated!

I went for a walk this morning and saw herons and egret. Those herons can swallow huge fish. Unbelievable.

We had to put a net over our pond because one found us last week.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I am a bit envious of your pond. It looks so tranquil. And the variety of life in and around has to fun to watch. Especially when the little ones grow and learn. (At least the turtle didn't take a nip out of the moorhen)
Just got in from the gym. Am trying to get a heads up since I will be heading to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival next weekend. There are always good muchies to be had around the international showcase. I tip a glass to you my dear. Have a nice week. Vala3

5:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: oh no! and small ponds are easy to fish in!! oops!

Hey vala: you always have something going on.. i'm glad for you.. I know you will enjoy next weekend.. have a good week anticipating!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Pat, that first photo - Early Morn - is an absolute stunner. And I'm loving your turtles. Stephen Fry had some baby ones on his doc series tonight. They were adorable.

6:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: glad you like the pic Cath..i feel like it's got to be boring w/ the same animals over and over..but lately there's been hardly any around except for the turtles and moorhens!

6:39 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

What a fantastic photo of that heron on the pond! Love it. Hehehehe...I love the pics of the little moorhens bugging the turtle :p So cute!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

What neat looking turtles!

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home