My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vero Beach

My first trip to Vero BEACH!.. (well.. about 15 minute visit..but enough to snap off a few  photos.  There were quite a few people on the beach and I didn't want them to think I was taking their photo's so you won't see any "sand" shots.

first is the long path to the beach...

On SouthBeach where my other photo's are from (Fort Pierce) there are not life guard stations like this.  I was surprised to see it... note the sign and the color flag flying.

I had to take one picture of my oldest son, George, squinting because he forgot his sunglasses.  The t-shirt he is wearing is the business he is fighting to get going called Liberty Sports.  He designed and makes skate plates for inline skating.  When he isn't doing that he's a machinist.

I saw but one bird on the beach and he sure was tiny!  Had to zoom big time to get this shot.  Not sure what it is but it's way too small for a sand piper!  I need to search the bird book!

Here are some shots of the Atlantic Ocean...

Actually the ocean is churned up a bit due to the hurricane out there.

 

The last two shots I took as we were leaving the beach...

So that's what 15 minutes at the beach looks  like !

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I could happily walk that path out to the beach. Great photos Pat.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

With the way the wind is blowing here today I can just imagine how crazy the surf is! Great pictures, Pat. :)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Kathleen said...

Thank you for sharing such lovely photos. I can't wait to hear what kind of little bird that is.

12:17 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, you got a lot of GREAT Pictures in those 15 minutes, Pat...The ocean looks fabulous in these shots...And that litle Bird is darling...Andm by the way, so is your spn!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

looks like a sanderling.

wonderful shots of the surf.

How does your son like having you near and dear? (:

1:42 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathy: I wish i could get to the beach to take a walk now and then but it's a tad too far to walk too in this heat..

Kelly: yes, the surf is getting bad due to that Hurricane out there.. but at least its "out there" not "here!"

kathleen: it looks like a small "peep" sandpiper.. 6 1/2 inches tall. not positive as the bird book is drawings not photo's.


Naomi: i'm still trying to grasp the fact that he's 43 yrs old! argh!!!


Hi Pam: heck if i know Pam lol.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I was thinking of you yesterday morning when I was watching the news and seeing beach shots with large waves. I certainly don't want to see you in the path of any hurricanes or tropical storms!

I hope your next beach visit is a bit longer and obviously during much safer conditions.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

We've been watching a US series on lifeguards so it was interesting to see a real life one on a Florida beach! Nice pick of your son and we saw that exact same bird on beaches in NC and Chesapeake Bay. I found out what it was called but have now forgotten. 8-|

9:36 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Loved all your pictures. Good picture of your son. Helen

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Can we import that beach over here, you think? It looks lovely! (Ours just look drab.)

And good luck to George on his business! *sends success vibes*

6:23 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

shanra: don't feel too badly.. i live only 2 or 3 miles from it and can't get to it!

thanks for the thoughts on my sons business.. yes, I wish i knew how to help promote it for him!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home