My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meme & Quiz

Preferences

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–will do )

Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? - 

- I do enjoy something serious now and then but more I enjoy "frivolous".

Paperbacks? Or hardcover's? -

-I wish I could read the mass paperbacks but now my eyes are bad enough to require hardbacks or at least Trade Paperbacks

Fiction? Or Nonfiction? -

-Fantasy Fiction mostly

Poetry? Or Prose? -

-Prose.

Biographies? Or Autobiographies? -

-I prefer Biographies, but lets face it some never wrote their stories and so autobiographies are necessary and I have read some excellent ones!

History? Or Historical Fiction? -

-Historical fiction

Series? Or Stand-alone's? -

-Does anyone write a stand alone book anymore??? lol  my answer is "both".

Classics? Or best-sellers? -

-A combination of both.

Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose?

-I guess it depends on the subject being talked about.

Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? -

-ummm plots.

Long books? Or Short? -

-it really depends on how much I am enjoying what I am reading the more I am enjoying it the longer I want it to be!

Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated?

-I love illustrations ! Few adult books have them and that's upsetting.

Borrowed? Or Owned?

- Owned. I never borrow a book!.

New? Or Used? -

-both, as long as the used book wasn't mistreated!.

*********************************************

A Quiz...  Your Reading Personality


Start quiz 

(my results...)

Your Reading Personality: Serial Reader!  (big surprise huh?!)

You may read a lot or a little, but either way you're a publisher's dream, because once you discover a favorite writer you stick with him/her through thick and thin and eagerly await the next in the series; but even you need to discover some new blood from time to time!

7 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Your quiz results really do sound like a no-brainer! I think they pegged you perfectly, huh? :D

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vala here again. Took the quiz, but mine had different questions. I wound up being a eclectic serial reader and heavy reader. Think they wanted me to join that site. Got your comment on my lj. The cat showed up after the hurricanes back in '04 or '05. Think it belonged to someone at sometime. Momcat know much more about those things. Finishing up a drawing and have to one other but who knows, perhaps when I return from the convention in Chicago, I will be motivated to draw Karl.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

I mostly own the books I read, too. But, that's because our library is pretty awful.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Pat, I missed you so much!! It took me an hour to find your blog. lol You are in Florida? Where?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I think I'd have to answer 'both' to nearly all those questions! Apart from stream of consciousness/plot, where I think I prefer plots, like you.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

You... like fantasy fiction?? No way!! Just kidding. I'm sure your readers know that about you already :-)

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not one for borrowing either. Unless they're library books and the library has books I want in the first place. Those I'll borrow. ^-~

This is such a fun and interesting meme to see. ^-^

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home