My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Before the Daily Deluge

You'd think that by now I'd be getting used to the daily downpours and lightening and thunder.. nope. just not gunna happen!

 

As the clouds began to form I noticed the Egret headed for the trees.  I guess he doesn't know you don't stand under trees during a lightening storm..

The darker Heron was around and posed a lot for me.. so I did as he requested and shot a group of photos..  One thing for sure..they do hold a pose for ya!

Not sure if he was sneaking a peek at me standing in the door with the camera or..

ahhh.. he was preening!

 

.. A close up of this fellow.

At times I wonder..

These birds fly in and out all day long... and eat a lot from the pond.. I must remember to ask if they stock the pond periodically.... for they surely will eat every fish in the pond if they don't!

Sometimes, the storm ends just at "dusk".. and sometimes, this happens:

(I didn't touch the color on the pics.. only sized them )

Occasionally, natures colors are really amazing to behold.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

Wow, look at those colours...absolutely gorgeous.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Yes, the color of the real world can be quite stunning. Beautiful pics.

I bet there is all kinds of life growing in that pond, looks like an ideal restuarant for the birds to visit each day.

11:42 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: if only they stayed that way!

Carl: "watering holes" will always draw animals.. i'm just glad my camera has a decent zoom!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

O_O Those colours are absolutely stunning! Wow.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last picture you took deserves to be made into a painting. Love the feathery look of the dark trees against the sunset sky. Nice bird shots as well. I get quite a few birds in my birdbath, but mostly cardinals, jays, wrens, chicadees, sparrows, and crows..blast them. Every once in a while a big red tail hawk will plunk down right in the center of it, but can't get close enough to take a pic. Vala out.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I love the pictures, the sunset was beautiful.

5:31 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

shanra: nature has it's times!

hi Vala: I don't know the name of the trees around the pond but they are interesting lol I don't see normal birds here..none..nada.. zip.. zilch. I don't know why water usually attracts all birds and animals to drink.

thank you Barbara.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Those sunsets are fantastic, Pat. Wonderful colours.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

You are getting really good at this photo stuff. Love the sky and the Heron.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great pictures Pat. Those clouds were beautiful. Hugs, Helen

8:08 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WONDERFUL Pictures, Pat....I LOVE Egrets. They are so Elegant and Vulnerable, too....Beautiful Geron, as well! Ilove that he poses for you...lol!
And those last pictures are STUNNING!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures ... you do have a knack Pat!

I'm ashamed to admit I had no idea you were moving South!

I've had a few months of on again off again with my blog and I'm just now going round to catch up with everyone.

6:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Kathy: welcome back to blogsville! Life tends to get in the way sometimes!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home