My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

As I still try to organize this small apartment I came across a real chore.

I found I had over 350 vhs movies.. so I decided to get rid of some and "clean up my act"... so I did.  But I still have over 200 vhs movies!

You can't see it but they are 3 rows deep...

....and 88 dvds... this is like trying to squeeze my fat ass into a size 8 !   It's not working real well..

On a brighter note.. I think Dead Fred is looking so good ..

that I've decided to pull one of my old favorite photo's of DeForest, as a cowboy, out of mothballs and hang it near Fred..

the picture is 16x20 and I have to buy a wooden frame for it.. but it's been over 10 yrs since I've seen this picture and, like Dead Fred, I think it's time to bring it out into the light again.

This picture was a "center of attraction" in my apartment in California..

Surrounding it are other pictures of movie cowboys, such as Harry Carey Jr (signed) Richard Widmark, John Wayne etc..   This apartment was also a one bedroom but for whatever reason it was much larger than what I am in now.

The picture was actually a picture of De and Audie Murphy riding quite fast in a movie called Gunfight at Comanche Creek.  I bought the photo  and then took my own photo of it by zooming in on just De.  When he saw the photo he loved it and asked for the negative to make prints which I gladly gave him.

 

(original pic ..it's really black and white.. I had them printed in sepia)

On yet another note...  I talked with Chris (Stuff as Dreams are Made On) on Sunday.  We hit upon many subjects and yes once or twice the subject was books. (big surprise huh?!) We both chuckled at the sizes of our tbr piles and both of us blamed blogging and the great reviews everyone writes.   I finally finished Fablehaven so tomorrow should be a review post. It was good to talk to him and hear his voice.. he really needs to do a few more of the video blogs..those were/ are pretty neat!

Well I guess that's all I can think of talking about right now.  I'll take a picture when the De photo is up on the wall... until then ....

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Sounds like things are really coming together in your apartment! I'm so impressed at the number of movies you managed to purge! They really can be such a pain to store, huh? That's actually one of my "jobs" for the summer (weeding out our movies), but I truly am not looking forward to it.

That is such a wonderful photo! I love that you had it printed in sepia...it fits it perfectly.

(And btw, I love Chris's vlogs, too...you're right, he should do them more often.)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Your devotion makes me smile and sigh. I just never got around to being organized in idea

I like that your putting him back on your wall.

11:31 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Congrats on gettung rid of so many VHS Tapes....I KNOW how hard that is to do...I got rid of probably 100 a few years ago....Still...there are a huge amount that I haven't been able to part with....
How very clever of you to take a picture of that picture and isolate just De....you are amazing Pat....And how great that he liked it so much...! You are getting it together there, my dear...Good For You.

1:22 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi:I always liked sepia and since, way back when, I was printing photos at a one hour photo place I even printed it myself!!

Pam: I just hope i can keep him there... he and Carolyn both meant so much to me..I don't know that I need the reminder that they are gone too.

Hi Naomi: yes.. and many are for acadmy viewing that deforest had given me!!! so double hard to get rid of many of them!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Dead Fred IS looking mighty fine, and I applaud your decision to add that photo of De to the mix. It is very, very cool and a very unique piece of memorabilia. I love that you had a hand in creating it.

I cannot imagine the heartbreaking chore of trying to weed out the video pile! It can be really hard to part with stuff, especially when it isn't just 'stuff' but holds a memory.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I need to do the same with my video tapes. Not looking forward to it.

Love that pic of DeForest, talk about an 'action' shot.

Dead Fred? Heheheheh...

6:49 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

So basically, you're with movies like I am with books :p I'm glad you decided to put the picture up!! I think it's fantastic :D And Dead Fred will appreciate the cowboy company ;) It was great to talk to you too by the way! Just for you, I'll do a Vlog sometime soon :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: the sad thing is youre lucky to get 1.00 for a vhs anymore so not even worth trying to sell them but with so many I can't afford to replace them all with dvds..IF there are even dvds of them all available.

Cath: yeah it's not fun to sell or give away parts of your life . like dead fred huh? lol

Chris: not really.. i still have more books than i do movies! but I do love movies both old and new.. I haven't had the money to get Inkheart but I hope to one day..and at the other end of the spectrum I have some b&w charlie chan movies and Laurel and Hardy!

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Wow. I applaud you on managing to purge such a large amount of vhs! And I agree that it sounds like your apartment is coming together nicely and that that photo of De is a unique piece of memorabilia. (I'm actually quite envious of that story. ^-^; And I do enjoy hearing them and getting to know a little more about you. ^-^)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home