My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

BigFoot~

I know I posted baby Moorhens big foot the other day and then the next day Mama and babies came up out of the pond and on to the path..

....... so I got a good shot of her feet!

("I take a size 8 but a 12 feels so good!")

She even lifted it up for you to see better... big huh?

I got the baby shots too and there you can really see how "green" their legs and feet are.

Even baby cooperated and lifted his foot for you!

"A pedicure please!"..

I got lucky twice with the birds today.. the Anhinga had disappeared for over a week and I saw him drying his wings on the other side of the pond..

the zoom lens lets me get out there pretty far, but then they aren't as clear even though the camera "says" it's focused.

(above is the Anhinga pretending to be an eagle)

I wish they had whatever they put there for the bird on my side of the pond so I could get better photo's.. oh well... at least you can see his duck like feet that help him swim underwater.  Sometimes I think he's drowned because he hardly ever sticks his head and neck up for air!

Well, that's it from the Pond for today.

9 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Wow! Those feet are just wild. Wonder why they're so big? And it's an interesting point - if they're water fowl, what good are those feet for swimming?

Just musing, my dear. I don't expect you to have the answers!

cjh

11:05 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi cj: I wondered the same thing.. but they swim just fine..

12:08 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I just didn't know that Moorhens had feet like that. Or that amazing colour!

6:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: finally feet bigger than mine! lol

6:41 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Damn those are some big feet!! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before, lol...weird looking.

10:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: ah yes, but as always, mother loves them anyway lol

6:17 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

would love to sit and enjoy those winged things with you.

11:34 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love those Moorhens....They are such a Beautiful and interesting Bird...And those Fabulous Feet!
WONDERFUL pictures, Pat...Just Wonderful!

1:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: I could use the company!

Naomi: they are cute.. about 1/2 as big as a chicken.. the female will come right up and eat out of my hand!! (not the others, just her)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home