My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Around the Pond & Boo

Boo.. in search of a lizard to watch.

one of the very hot evenings produced this "sunset" on the pond..

"Woody" the resident Wood Stork came back for a visit..

...he's still not "pretty"! But he does let me take good pictures of him.

I thought this was interesting... when Woody is feeding in the pond, what he does is: takes one step, then lifts and resets the foot down a few times to stir things up on the bottom... then he lifts one wing so he can block the sun from reflecting and he can see.. then he reaches in and gets his snack!

This last picture is blurry .. the baby Moorhen was close by and dashing about I thought I had it focused but then the camera focused on the plant it was under.. ah well.. but it does show something I wanted you to see!.. the unusual big feet the bird has!  I've been trying to get a picture of Mama Moorhen on the paved path so you can see her green legs and big feet but so far I haven't had any luck.. eventually I'll get one!

8 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

That Wood Stork is pretty clever when it comes right down to it and I cannot believee the feet that baby moorhen has! And I love photos of sunsets. Thanks for sharing yours.

cjh

9:58 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am just amazed at the wonderful unusual birds that come to the Pond...Unusual to me because I've never seen them here....But obviously this os their natural Habitat....Those feet are uncreduble....! I love all the pictures Pat.

11:43 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: got good shots of the feet today so you will really see them clearly next time.

Naomi.. as I do all of yours with your hummers and hawks and ladies that do lunch!! (quite a mix eh? haha)

11:56 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

You have such cool birds over there!! I swear, I'll never get tired of these posts :p I really like that woodstork. There's just something about it that is SO cool. And those feet! Look at those feet!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

That's pretty impressive that you can get so close to take those pictures! What an interesting variety of birds :-)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

*Very* pretty sunset, Pat! Unusual colours...

6:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath: pink skies at night... sailors delight.. pink skies in morning...sailor take warning.. but it thunderstorms every afternoon here anyway! sheesh

6:40 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Wonderful pics!!! And it sure beats gunshots and drive by's! ;)

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home