My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Those Left Behind

I got the ok from Florida and will be moving to Vero Beach by the end of the month.  My son (ummm, the one born to me not Chris) will be flying up here to pack a Budget truck and drive it and me down there.  He will be here on the 27th, so for a week or so I will not have my computer...(already, I am hyperventilating!) 

When I move these 4 souls will no longer be with me.. I have to leave them behind... it tears me apart..

8 yr old Winkey...

16 yr old Stinkey

8 yr old Peanut

 

18 yr old Princess...

It's so hard to keep loosing pieces of my life.  Sometimes it feels like there's nothing left of me.

I cling to my movies and books like they were alive.  If you, who are reading this are not old.. don't get old!   

Don't put things off until "tomorrow".. tomorrow may never come.

Don't always deny yourself for the sake of what may or may not happen. 

Don't let reality spoil your dreams....

20 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

I'm so, so sorry, Pat :(

9:11 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

That s*cks! I'm so sorry that they aren't going with you. The apartments don't even allow 1 pet?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I'm sorry you have to leave your fur-babies behind. So sad.

Where will they go?

2:41 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so sorry Pat...so so sorry :( Will you be able to get a new cat in FL?

3:44 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ok.. well i owe an explanation.. I will be taking one cat.. booboo kitty. one of David's nieces will take the two old cats.. Stinkey and Princess... the other two I have to hope they find a home for them...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Fingers crossed that a new home can be found for the other two. Such beautiful cats, all of them. {{{hugs}}} to you, Pat.

And I'm glad to hear that your son will be helping you move.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I am so sorry that you will have to leave them behind Pat. I am glad that David's neice with take the two oldest ones. I Pray that whoever gets the other two will be good to them. I know it is heart breaking for you. I feel so sad for you and for them.
Hugs, Helen

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I'm almost in tears myself ! I'm so sorry Pat ! Hang in there. There is nothing harder than to say goodbye to your pet. I almost lost my dog this weekend, so I can relate. It turns out he is a diabetic... He will have to get shots every day for the rest of his life (he is 8). I'm OK with that, I just pray that his blood sugar will be OK when they check in a month. Pray for my puppy, I will be praying for your kitties !

3:35 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yes he will help pack the truck and drive it down there with me in it.. i had to make a flight up here for him so he's no cheap help! lol

Daniel: thank you daniel.. and I sent you an email..

7:14 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I am so sorry about the cats, Pat! If you have had them their whole lives, it must be even harder to leave them behind.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Oh, this is such a heart breaking post, Pat. It really is. I am so very, very sorry to read this and to see pictures of your babies that you must leave behind. I do so hope that there are loving homes for them to go to.

7:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: sent an email

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Memory said...

This broke my heart. I'm so sorry that you have to say goodbye to them. :(

9:53 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

tears me apart to think about you having to leave your cats.

Glad the old one (stinky) gets to go to someone who cares.

Praying that you find a home for the other two.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Pat... *hugs* I'm so sorry. Even if I'm glad to hear that two of the cats will be going into a loving home. *sends good thoughts that the other cats will find one too and Pat can leave with a tiny bit less heartache and worry*

3:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks memory, pam and libritouches.. yes, although they are a bit much there were 10 when I came here! I am still breaking down daily.. along with a few medical things that I should take care of but between packing and everything I just sit and get scared. (which is normal for me.. I always think the worst and so far in my life it hasn't been the worst so I wonder why I do that?)

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dear thing. *hugs* I hope the move will let you find a way to think less of the worst and let you heal.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, I can hardly see through the tears to type this. I am so very, very sorry. My heart is absolutely breaking for you!!! Oh sweetie, sometimes life is just so unfair...

5:51 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Oh! I wouldn't know what to do without my kitty. I'm so sorry :(

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

I am so sorry!!! You are going to miss those darlings.

I'm glad that 2 have a good home to go to. I hope the others find one as well.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home