My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Test.. this is only a test...

Thanks to Chris who just bought a Canon camera and was taking some photo's I decided to play with mine.   I was trying the "macro feature" on my canon powershot camera, so before my books are all packed away ,I took these pics of what few books are still "unpacked"...  I like this first picture.. not too shabby.. I'll have to try some other photo's when and if I ever get things settled where I am going.

The pictures below are used with the optical zoom.. but not without troubles!  I can't figure out why after I zoom and press the button half way down to focus that ...at times.. I can see the picture go into focus and back out again and it beeps on the blurred version (but not with the green box)... so what needs to be done?  I don't know I've read and read my little book and can't figure out why when using the optical zoom and I press to focus and can SEE it focus and then go back out of focus!!  grrrrrrrrrrrr... anyway.. eventually I can get some decent pictures.. the problem is I want to know why I can't get the optical zoom to focus every time??  

(BooBoo Kitty)

(Winkey)

I don't do well when I have to read and then look on my camera for what I read and read and then try again.. I learn much better when someone shows me what to do, or explains to me why this or that happens so I will never know a whole lot about my camera.

I do hope that someday I find out why the optical zoom does what it does.. In my old Canon SLR (the one that takes film) you can zoom and focus even when the zoom is all the way out.. but this digital one with the optical zoom  won't always focus once you have zoomed... if anyone understand that... please email me!

11 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oh my, such sweet kitty faces! I have this overwhelming desire to try to reach through the screen to snuggle them up.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

O.K.... I'm not sure if I'm addressing what your asking, but I think with the point and shoots when they have trouble focusing it sometimes has to do with how they focus & not enough light. The camera is trying to decide what it should focus on and it's not sure. This is particularly true, it seems, if you fill your picture up with something that is mostly one color. The camera isn't sure what the focal point is... at least, that's what I think is going on. Not being there and seeing it, I can't be sure :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You have Green Grass, Running Water? I LOVE that book! I seriously need to reread it. Thomas King wrote a masterpiece. I think anyways. Other people do not...

Great photos!

5:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: the white one, booboo is coming with me.. winkey is one of the other 4 that I cannot take.

JJ: there's got to be something maybe I am doing wrong I understand it may not know what to focus on but when pressing the button down for focus.. you can see it go from blurry to clear back to blurry and then beep. frustrating! I got the apt in vero beach in the old folks place I will move there by the end of this month.


kelly: Hmmmm maybe it was from you that I learned about it?? it's been in the tbr for some time now... with the cut back on being able to buy I should get the tbr way down within the coming months. (geez, saying that hurts! )

6:25 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wish I knew...! It may be the Camera, you know...I am like you. I learn much better when someine shows me how or explains it---Reading Directions, Especially with things made in foreign country's is always very iffy....!
Hope you get the answer you need....The pictures look pretty good to me, by the way.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Pat I found out on my camera that certain settings does not work with the steady feature, you know the little icons on the wheel that tell you what the feature does. Try another setting and see if yours is like that. My does work with the macro feature on. Helen

8:03 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I LOVED your pics Pat :D Especially the kitty closeups :) I'm learning more and more and more about my camera. Really enjoying the Macro setting too! I've found that I just have to refocus over and over again and eventually I get the focus I want :p But yeah, the zoom totally screws everything up :p

8:21 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Pat -

Can't help with the camera questions but I do love the kitty pictures.

cjh

4:32 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I too love the kitty pics. Such beautiful markings. As to the ins and outs of a camera... might as well ask me about particle physics... or how to work the dvd recorder. 8-S

9:43 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

there is something calming about a contented sleeping feline....

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitties! Do give them cuddles from me if they're cuddly kitties, Pat! *distracted by the kitties, yes*

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home