My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Dom

It was maybe 11 or 12 yrs ago that I met Dom DeLuise.  .. What a sweetheart he was!  At the time he was doing autographs for charity and I had to meet him because over the years he made me laugh so much.

I sat watching the news with my jaw dropped open as I learned the news...

.... Dom DeLuise -- who starred in such classics as "The Cannonball Run" and "Blazing Saddles" and was the voice of Pizza the Hutt in "Spaceballs" -- died last night in a Los Angeles hospital.

We're told he passed away peacefully in his sleep at around 6 PM.

He was 75.

Dom was one of those very special people.. although he was enjoyed by many in the movies he made he was also just a really nice person, and if you ever met him you'd know  he was someone you were glad touched your life, even if for only a few moments.

I am glad I had the chance to meet him.... He will be missed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I hadn't heard till now. How very sad. Though I never met him, I just couldn't help but love him. He just seemed to exude life and happiness. What a lovely, lovely picture of the two of you!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

What Debi said! RIP :(

2:37 PM  
Blogger Nikki in Niagara said...

Oh wow, what a treasure that photo must be for you. I just heard myself and finished a small blog post when I came over here and saw your post too.

5:05 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: he was really a nice person as well as being talented.

Nymeth: yeah.. he will be missed by many.

Nicola: I hope this doesn't mean we will loose 2 more..

5:09 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh no!! I hadn't heard about that :( What a shame. He really was a fantastic man and a wonderful actor. And I just love that picture of you two. So sad..

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

I just heard about this today while I was driving. What a funny guy! His humor will be missed.

10:21 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Indeed, Indeed. I'm still in shock as is everyone who knew him....He was the sweetest dearest man.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

He was a favorite since childhood and I was sad to see that he passed away. There is something that seems extra sad when actors/actresses that we enjoy pass away...not because they are any more special than any other person, but because all the characters that they had yet to play died with them.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I just loved Dom as a kid. The Bluth films were some of the first I ever watched and are probably where my fascination with animation started. Itchy and Jeremy were always my favorite non-Disney characters.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home