My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

51 and Counting

Oh how I wish that meant my age!!!.. sigh.

But it doesn't.  I was emailing with Susan from You Can Never Have Too Many Books .  She asked if I was still packing for my move.   I did mention that most of my books are packed.. all I have left are some of my tbr pile (not the whole pile mind you!).. there are 51 books still not packed. (gulp) . I have discovered that I have 82 tbr books in all.  (enough said about that! The entire pile is listed here. )

Anyway...

I have thoughtfully, set aside 5 paper back books and one smaller, hardback.  These I figure will be the last to be boxed up and I will use them to choose from to read right up until the moving day arrives.  I chose them, because, ..they are smaller in stature and weight...  see below: 

The Shadow of the Wind. 

Dragons Strike. 

The Death Collector. 

Watership Down. 

East.  

and The Looking Glass Wars

Speaking of these books there are some points to be handed out!   Let's see now...

Darla d gets a point for the Death Collector.

I already gave CJ her point for The Looking Glass Wars.

Belleza gets a point for Watership Down. (I've read that when I was young.. I want to read it again )

And if I'm not mistaken Shadow of the Wind's point goes to Carl, but it's been a while so to be honest I can't remember for sure, so Carl is a good guess! :o)

... of course that doesn't mean those ARE the definite books!.. I keep eyeing Drood! 

It, of course, would take the place of all the small books!  It is rather large.. and rather heavy too.. sigh.  The other "larger thought" (instead of a group of small ones) is The Woman in White.

Sometimes I think it's not always wise to have such a large tbr pile! 

Nor for that matter the books on the wish list that keeps growing.. mostly the ones I am waiting on for their release!   I can't believe there are NINE books between May and October due out that are all extensions of series that I am reading!.. NINE!

Damn, I need a sugardaddy to keep me in all the books I still want!.. hmm, but then I'd have to cook and clean again... maybe I'll just beg.

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Your "last minute" pile sure looks like a good one! Do you know exactly when you're moving?

3:14 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

You have some really good books set up for you! I've been wanting to read Drood for awhile...I say go with it ;)

I know all too well about packing up books :/ We're starting to get ready for a move into the new house and my mom brings big boxes home every day just for my books :p It's going to be hell! Especially since my room is upstairs!

Your TBR pile is starting to sound like mine :p Only 150 more to go and you're caught up with me.

And yes...I do think you should get a sugar daddy :p Maybe you can bet Bon Jovi to be your sugar daddy and then you won't have to cook or clean because he'll hire someone to do it for you :p

5:05 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi Pat! it's me, and love that your posted about your books because of my email to you! I love it even more that you can't decide what final books to pack and what you might want to read....I'm with Chris, I say go for Drood, if only because I have it also to read on my pile asap. My back is finally better enough to be able to lift it!! It must be strange to have all your books packed away. When do you leave? Can you get in the new Star Trek movie before moving?

and I read Watership Down years ago too, I really liked it. Sigh. all those books to read! oh, i just saw you had The Time Travellers, I have that book too to read!

We all need a sugardaddy to keep us in our books!!! lol

7:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: no not the exact date.. I am of the mind that I can have the apt June 1st. I figure 2 days to drive the truck there.

Chris: I think I may read the smaller books while I am still packing and doing things for the move.. but drood is driving me crazy.. almost as crazy as waiting for you to read more Pern! LOL LOL

HI Susan: I hope to know this week the definite date of moving..
Unless one of my neighbors goes to see Star Trek I won't see it.. it's now 12.00 each way in a taxi to the closest movie.. I have so much money going out on things I never thought I'd have to buy again that I shake looking at the bills now.. so can't do the movie unless someone takes me.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

moving is stressful all by itself -- and you have the recent losses to pile it on, too.
Breathe slowly in, exhale through your nose. Relax. (did that help. Grin)

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd be scared of packing my books... Although I'm very envious of your TBR pile. ^-~ I hope you'll enjoy your last minute books, whichever they turn out to be in truth! They sound lovely. ^-^

3:24 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam:it helped but only because I am reading it at 5:45 am and resting would put me back to sleep!

libritouches: half my boxes are either vhs movies or books!.. the rest is unimportant!

5:52 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ps: I can say that because my computer isn't packed yet!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Some great books there, Pat. Drood is the one that's interesting me at the moment but it looks like a hefty book. Haven't seen it in our local bookshop either so am not sure if it's out yet. Good luck finding a sugar daddy!

6:53 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Cath: nah... to much work to have a sugar daddy..lol lol.. yeah drood is too big to be carrying around i'm sure that will wait until i move.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home