My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Wrap

Well March hasn't been my best reading month.. I  pretty much have resolved that this will not be my "finest" reading year.  But, that's ok.. the "numbers" don't mean that much to me anyway.. just as long as I enjoy what I do read.

 

So...

This month Mr Dashner took me to other Realities that were having some gave problems.

Maureen O'Hara let me know she didn't have the most perfect life, but came out strong all the same.

Walter Koenig showed me more of his humor while also letting me know that his self esteem wasn't that of your average movie actor.

100 Cupboards.. a surprise and a very enjoyable book!  

I am still reading Dandelion Fire.  It's good but I'm thinking 100 Cupboards is better.. but then I am not done yet so I really can't say that is definite.

I probably shouldn't even count Dandelion Fire for March since I am only about 1/2 way through it but I put it on my list when I begin to read a book.. so it's gunna stay!

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

As usual, I'm behind on my blog reading, so I just saw your last post and left you a comment there. I hope the last couple of nights allowed you a bit more sleep.

I would say that under the circumstances, you did just fine in the reading category. Especially since what you said is so very true...quality is much preferable to quantity.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm in the 'quality' being preferable to 'quantity' camp too, Pat. I'm just glad that books are taking you away from your troubles a little bit.

9:08 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I think your reading for the month is great :) I'm like you...quality over quantity. My reading of 96 books last year was amazing for me...in fact, before I started blogging, I read maybe 30 books a year. So it's all about how good things are! And considering all you've been going through, I'd say that total is pretty impressive!

1:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: I'm not a fast reader anyway but I know many days and nights I never picked up a book.. just couldn't concentrate . So I know it would have been at least another book or two lol.

Cath: hey my page count wasn't too shabby! lol

chris: Yeah, my last year at 101 books was a fluke! It won't ever reach that again, but that's ok.. I still have some huge books here that could take me a long time to read!! And look at my tbr list on the other page... geez, soon it will be as bad as yours! (well.. you know)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I added all the books you read this month to my wish list, so you had quite a productive month! :) Hope all is well with you!

1:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kelly: you added them all?? LOL.. hot dog I'm gunna get me some more points sooner or later!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

As long as you are enjoying your reading then I have to believe that this will indeed be your best reading year ever. It isn't about quantity, but the quality of your relationship with that specific book at that specific time.

6:42 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: well.. some of the enjoyment isn't quite back yet, but I'm not giving up

5:53 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Numbers don't matter at all, quality over quantity any day!

6:38 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I saw Cloris Leachman the other day on GMA.....Her book sounds quite fascinating. I always liked her and thought she was a truly talented "original".....I worked with her once, on "PHYLISS", and she couldn't have been nicer! This is a book that I think I will be getting. It might be one you woukd enjoy, too, Pat.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home