My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

..and the blogger blame goes to...

Well, I sent for 3 books, all of which get points doled out to them!

The first book is Farwalkers Quest... Becky gets a point for this one!

Second and third are a combination: 100 Cupboards. 

For this one two people get points because it was their reviews that made me want it.. that would be Chris (my own son!) and Nicola. 

So it seems fit that since the second book of 100 Cupboards came out ,that even if there's been no review, it stands to reason that when I begin a trilogy I read all of it!.. So just for the heck of it I give Chris a second point for book II, Dandelion Fire!  (I'll let Nicola off the hook this one time!)

All that being said.. I also give Carl THREE points for all three books!.. it's because of him and Mary that I sent for these books.  'Nuff said eh? 

 

11 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oh no! I didn't realize that the sequel to 100 Cupboards had come out. Crap...more money disappearing from the wallet.

Hope you thoroughly enjoy each one!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

All three of these look excellent. I remember seeing various reviews for 100 Cupboards and almost buying the thing myself. Look forward to hearing your opinion of it. Are you going to read these for Carl's challenge, Pat? I've already started putting my pile together - Here Be Dragons is on it, you'll be pleased to hear.

10:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: Ummmm .. sorry 'bout that!

Cath: I think I will only sign for one book because I don't know how I feel day to day yet and good chance I will be packing to move wherever etc.. but I have 19 books to choose from and of course will try to read as many as I can..

12:20 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I didn't even review 100 Cupboards yet! I just raved about how bad I wanted it and then you said you were adding it to your wishlist :p Now I'm getting the blame for books that I haven't even read yet....sheesh :p But I really have to read it now that the second one is out too! I know I'd love it. Farwalker's Quest looks really good too...can't wait to see what you think of it.

Have you seen the preview for the new Star Trek movie yet???? It looks great! I see your reading a Trekkie book right now!

1:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: well don't rave anymore! ppllsstt! lol..
yes, i've seen some tailers.. don't know if i'll get to see it or not but i'd like to.
Yeah, reading Walter's autobiography..or something like one lol...

1:33 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

New books! Hope you enjoy them all :D

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I want to read these books, too. I hope you enjoy them!

8:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth thanks, I hope to!

Kailana: I'm surprised you haven't read 100 cupboards!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Yay, points for me!!! I'm so glad you got to get three books! Very cool. 100 Cupboards is one I am really wanting to pick up. Can't wait for your review.

Thanks for calling the other day. It was so great to hear your voice and you really made my day!

3:11 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: the pleasure was mine. Just glad I didn't break down as I usually do... I did get to talk to Tori too because I called the first time too early! Next time I have to say hello to Mary!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've been wanting to read the ND Wilson books too.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home