My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Picture can be Worth 1,000 Words....

From the Australia Fires....

 

 

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Some truly tragic stories coming out of Australia but this warms your heart, doesn't it?

4:44 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

My thoughts and prayers are with those in Australia...

And you're right. The picture says a lot.

The fire fighter said he saw the Koala, knew it was in trouble, and gave it some water. She drank three bottles.

cjh

5:35 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I read somewhere that koalas are normally very scared of humans, but they're just so thirsty they don't even care about their fear anymore. Poor koalas :( I'm glad they're being helped.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Have you seen the video for it? I couldn't help but cry when the firefighter said she just reached out and grabbed his hand.

5:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: i think it was theraputic for both the fireman and the kuala!

cj: yes, me too.. i understand the fires are still going on.. scarey

nymeth: yes, I've heard they stay away from humans pretty much..but it's obvious that they know when they need help

Tink: the news had the video of it.. but thought the pic would be less strain to load the page.

5:57 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I saw this picture the other day and just fell in love with it. It really does say so much. Just a perfect pic, but so sad...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

This picture just captures your heart. (Hugs)Indigo

9:52 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I saw that on the news. 3 bottles. Thats a lot of water.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh! That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing. :-)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home