My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pressies!

Tis the season for unexpected Pressie's!

The other day a package came all the way from England!  And what should it contain, but a book of pictures of Dartmoor!  (you have to have read The Moor with Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes to appreciate it.. well maybe not, but it does make it appropriate!)

So now I have this darling little book with gorgeous photo's of Dartmoor!   Thanks to my "sister" in England, Cath!

And then yesterday yet another package arrived!  This one came from the states, Missouri to be exact.... 

It contained a poppet!!!

..she is finding her way around the house just fine!

..she just has to convince Kester and Woody that her name really is Ladybug!

I am now the mama to 3 poppets!!! 

You really shouldn't have Carl..

no, really.. you shouldn't have.

.... however, I'm not sending her back!

Thank you so verrrryyyy verrryyy much!  I thank everyone very, very, very much!

Wow, this has been a really big Christmas and it hasn't even arrived yet.  I've gotten Wonderful candy from my adopted son, Chris, a book from England from Cath and a Ladybug from Carl!

It doesn't get much better!

12 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

Fantastic presents! yay for friendship :)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Great gifts! Merry Christmas!

1:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Nymeth: fersure!

thanks Kailana.. I hope your christmas is everything you hope it to be

2:34 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Ladybug is very cute! Somehow I messed up and left this comment on your wordpress blog... So now I'm leaving it over here LOL!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you did a nice little animation there!!!

5:58 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Those are awesome presents! I love them..especially the poppet :p

11:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

JJ: I wondered what you were doing over there LOL.. wordpress is my backup blog..but I don't know how to work it much (this one either for that matter)!

Pam: I enjoy making animations, though they take some time.. this one was pretty simple though.

Chris: yes, I like ALL my pressies!! the most I've ever gotten! Christmas Day is going to be a let down now lol.. but that's ok.. david and I just want the day over .

5:30 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Yay! What wonderful presents!

And it looks like you really did get some snow!

Merry Christmas, Pat. I hope it contains peace and joy!

cjh

5:41 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Glad you like the book, Pat. When I saw it I immediately thought of The Moor and knew I had to get it for you so that you can actually see the setting for the book for yourself. In pics anyway. I'm still holding out for you actually getting here one day, you know.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Glad she arrived safe and sound. Great pictures!!!

That Dartmoor book looks wonderful.

2:40 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi CJ: Merry Christmas to you too! I hope you get some rest and fun time!

Cath: yeah well.. I'd love to but I don't see it happening. I've never traveled really except when moving .. I'll never say never, but ya know.. don't hold your breath lol

3:07 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. What a cute poppet!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home