My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Inkheart the Movie

I've been waiting for this movie since Last March... no, that's not true, it's been a lot longer.  Ever since I had the pleasure of meeting Andy Serkis (of Gollum fame) in California at a convention and talked with him, I've waited for this movie. 

You see, Andy Serkis plays Capricorn.. the evil villain of the movie.  And after meeting him and finding him a real sweetie, this part will be so not like him.  But then... neither was gollum!!   

The movie first was slated to air last March.  But it never happened.  This concerns me greatly because the trilogy is so good, and I'm guess they hope that if this movie does well that they would follow with the other two books/ movies.  Which makes perfect sense... however, there's this nearly year delay.. which means young Meggie has gotten a year older, which doesn't bode well for the second movie if she is outgrowing her part.

But I digress...

The movie is once again up for release!  It will be release in the UK before we get it but it is due to open here in the states on January 23rd.

Wanna guess where I will be on January 23rd?!   If you guess at the movies you guessed well !

Below is the trailer from Inkheart.  You even get to see Andy!  Can you tell I am thrilled?!  It seems I've waited forever to see Andy in this movie!

Along with Andy,  Brendan Fraser plays Mo, Megs dad, Eliza Bennett as Meg, Paul Bettany as Dustfinger, and Helen Mirren as Aunt Elinor.

It's a safe bet that I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to this movie!!  If they delay it again I will scream!!

7 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Yay! I can't wait to see this one either, and Brendan Fraser isn't hard on the eyes...lol

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good - but I have a concern with Meggie reading stuff out of the books. Did that happen? I don't remember it. I need to reread them again.

1:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

animewookie: no he's not lol.. I hope it's good! It has some great characters in the books that I hope they come across as well on the screen : Dustfinger and Elinor especially.

Karmyn: yep it happened Meggie read stuff out of the book like her dad !

5:43 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I hope it is good as well. The book to film adaptations have not had the best run since LOTR came out. Some have been good of course, but others have been a real disappointment.

9:47 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: well it probably won't be "as good as the book" but I'm sure I'll enjoy it... I've been waiting to see Andy Serkis in this part for a long time!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I am looking forward to this movie too! I really need to get around to reading the other two books, though!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I agree. They shouldn't have waited so long to come out with the film. That really didn't make any sense no matter that there were tons of other fantasy films this year. What concerns me though is when it finally does come out I'm a little worried that people will think it's a rip-off of that new Adam Sandler movie Bedtime Stories when really it's the other way around :(

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home