My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Make My Life Easier.. I Dare You!

Another blogger friend, Astaryth is one of those people I can always count on to give me help when I am drowning!

With the mass exit from AOL going on she posted some helpful things to those who only have AOL journals and have never blogged anywhere else. (admitting here, that AOL does/ did have the simplest journal going. You sure didn't have to be even close to being a techie to be able to journal there.) It's a shame that they are closing the journals up. I realize you can't keep things going if you aren't making money when you are a business... but it's the perks that keep a person with the product.. at least it has been for me.

Anyway, I digress...

Astaryth, happened to mention a little program she used to write up her blog in so that she didn't have to write it directly in her blog. Knowing Astaryth understands much of that techie stuff I drooled at the thought of the program and began to check it out. My first discovery was that I would have to take a bunch of stuff I didn't want in order to have this "writer". Once again Astaryth came to the rescue and told me how to get "just the writer".. once again I began to panic. Would I be able to use this program??? (I am also one of those people who hate having things on their computer that I don't use! I'm not a "lets try and see what this is" person and then be stuck with it on the computer.)

I took the leap of faith, and I am writing this post in the Window's Live Writer right now... so far .. so good.. but there are things I will need to learn that's for sure. But even if I can only write this up and have it in my blog without the formatting going wacky on me I will be very happy. I'm not all that happy working on "drafts" so I hope this works, and I think it will do great!

If something like this interests you here is a link to get it (yes it's free). http://get.live.com/writer/overview.

Well, I wanted to share this tidbit, in case it would help anyone, and I've done that...

I hope everyone had a good day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Awwww... I'm blushing over here! I'm glad you are figuring out Live Writer, it's one of my favorite 'bloggy' programs. Once my laptop returns from the shop I will do up a couple of tutorials for anyone interested.

9:18 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I honestly don't understand the need for this program. I mean, if one already has Blogger, or some other Host, what is the advantahe of using this program....OY! So much to learn and sometimes it just feels too overwhelming....

I hope astaryth does do some Tutorials....!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I'm really glad you found a program that makes your life easier!

3:01 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

got the draft thing figured out.. and adding the photo's from photobucket.. and I listed both blogs (only one shows at a time.. you toggle them) so I can post it to both blogs ..

nymeth: cool little program.. this way you don't have to sit with your blog open wondering what you want to type.. type it in this program and with one click you can post it on your blog. cool beans! lol

3:06 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Cool beans indeed! I used to use some kind of writer way back in the day when I was on Livejournal, but I tend to just stick to using Wordpress' normal posting options now. I used to like my writer though! Maybe I'll try this one out and see what I think. Though I hate change so I probably won't use it for good :p lol. So glad it's making your life a little bit easier though!

4:28 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I'm so glad you've decided to do all that work again! I love your photographs and all.

I think I've got writer on my other laptop, which I hope to get fixed in the not to distant future. Maybe.

cjh

5:32 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I write all my posts into a word document, spell and grammar check it, and then move it over to the blogger thing, put in the links then start uploading the pics. It can be a pain but it's not that hard. Glad you found something that works for you!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home