My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sir Ian

Sir Ian McKellen... our very own beloved Gandalf.

I love Gandalf. And I love Sir Ian for his magnificent performance as Gandalf..

(These are two fantastic pieces of art that I have seen at autograph shows)

Carl was nice enough to tell me about a blog he found. Would you believe it was kept by Ian during the time he was making Lord of the Rings? (found here!)

I've read it all, even though it's well after the movies were made. I do like reading what he had to say and if you think you would just use the link above.

Sir Ian: From Gandalf to King Lear...

.... and beyond!...........


He is someone I really wish I could see on stage. Who knows, sometimes miracles happen! But for now...

I * *Sir Ian McKellen!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to make you jealous me and my husband saw him on stage last year as King Lear and got his autograph afterwards. Some friends of ours alsp pursuaded him to have a small part in a film they made which me and Alex were extras in. We didn't get to work with him but can offically say we have been in a film with him!

4:15 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Rhinoa: yep, well that sure does make me officially jealous! (wow how cool!.. I do have his autograph but a friend got it for me when he was in CA )

6:30 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I can most definitely understand why you adore this man! Thanks for sharing about his blog...I'm so anxious to go and read it!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

is that really his blog while filming? I'll go read it later -- I popped over there and it appears to be the real deal, but I'm such a skeptic now daze hee hee

10:35 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Debi: well ya know Carl found it so it can't be bad lol

Pamela: Yeah I hear the skeptic.. me too. but it reads "true" so, I choose to think it is. But I know no more than you do about if it is or not

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I <3 him too :) He's so great.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

That first piece of art is wonderful - as it Mr. McKellan himself. Seeing him on various chat shows he comes over as a thoroughly nice chap too. Nice post.

2:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: awww ok I'll share him! lol

Cath: oh man, I haven't seen him on any chat shows here in the US ! But he's certainly a very very fine actor!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Love him!!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: *grin* yeah hard not to eh?!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the link. I never get tired of going back and revisiting interviews, etc. for one of my favorite of all films, the LOTR trilogy. I too would love to see Ian on stage. That would be incredible.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home