My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, March 21, 2008

...and then I sneezed

So... I've already been enjoying myself reading all the lists people are putting up for what they will be reading for the Once Upon A Time reading challenge!
It was late last night when I woke from a sleep.. I sneezed twice.
Since then I haven't been able to breath thru my nose. *groan* This is not conducive to being able to have ones mind on anything for very long. Breathing jumps to the front of what is on my mind. *ugh*


This is probably my comeupance for a weekend away from my room and this house. *sigh, my ears pop when i blow my nose* It has to be my punishment.. I haven't been out of this house except for that in months and months.
There's nothing like a clogged head. *moan*
Such fun trying to breath, especially when trying to sleep at the same time. *whinning*
It's times like this when I wish I was a kid again..
You know.. when someone else took care of YOU rather than the other way around.
When someone else did the necessary things so you could rest and try to take care of yourself.
Wow.. sometimes I really don't remember a time like that ever existed! heh. *sniffle sniffle, sneeze*
... Ever realize how hard it is to breath thru your mouth while trying to eat or drink something?
... Ever realize how much you really like to sleep.. especially when you can't?
Whenever I get sick I get this one recurring memory of a time I got sick when I was married and the kids were teenagers...
I had the flu (I guess).. anyway I was making use of the great white wishing well in the bathroom (wishing I wasn't sick but proving to it I was)... when I saw a movement from the corner of my eye and looked upto see my X standing in the doorway.
I barfed again.. then heard his voice..
"What's for dinner?"
I've always regretted not answering him.

10 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Wow! I know exactly what you mean. I have 5 children and a Husband myself and in the unfortunate event that I do become ill, their entire lives fall into chaos...lol It's hard to be seen as anything but the entity that gives their world the normalcy they so require. I'm trying to teach them that, guess what?, there's actually a fallible human being with feelings and needs underneath this facade of mother and wife. They're intelligent beings. It has to sink in...... eventually :D
I hope you feel better very soon.

11:29 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Dear.....Well, I can see why he became your "X"....Not exactly the most sensitive question at a time like that....!

I hope you feel better very very quickly, Pat....And I surely understand wishing someone was there to take care of you right now....!

And, I hope Easter brinfs you back to full health!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry you feel so awful. I think we all wish for someone to look after us when we're ill, and I'm one of the lucky ones in that respect. You take care and try to get rid of that 'dreaded lurgy' very quickly! Cath's orders!

1:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

animewookie: good luck believing that! lol...

Naomi: well, of course it wasn't always like that..but that one did stick with me for whatever reason lol... "hoppy easter Naomi"

Hi Cath: oh boy, i'd be more than happy to get rid of this quickly!! still sneezing.. still can't breathe.. such fun..not! lol

2:00 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I spent last night playing nurse. My friend had food poisoning. He was so desperate he sent his ex to get him Gravol, but he was still in pretty dire straits. So dire he called me and asked me to go pick up a couple things for him. This was after I called to check for life and he didn't answer his phone. I found him pretty much passed out on the couch without even the energy to move. Men are so cranky when they are sick. Women are likely too, but we don't have to admit it. haha If anyone had asked me to cook them dinner in the shape he was in last night I probably would have found the strength to crack them one for good measure. But then, I am not all that domestic even when I am healthy! People expect women to be superhuman, when really they deserve a day to recuperate. I say this while remembering all the times I have ran errands for my sick friends and trying to remember if they have ever recipercated when I am sick...

Here's hoping you are better soon! Don't mind my rambling comment. Work is dead and I am bored out of my mind. So, I am reading and commenting on blogs... That's pretty much it. I am getting paid to do nothing, but I still wish I was home!

7:24 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm sorry Pat :( That sounds God awful...get better!!!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

poor baby.. and no one there to give you chicken soup and rub vicks on your chest.

I was sneezing this morning, and then I found out that the fruit growers were burning smudge pots.
Thats what I was reacting to.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

ps
what was for dinner anyway. ha ha ha ha

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

heehee. "Look in the toilet, honey. Is that good enough?"

11:06 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I hope you are on the mend now!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home