My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Very Old Post "Revisited"...

I came across some old photos I had taken sometime over the course of the last 10 yrs. (or more!) I started looking at them and began to "feel my age".. sheesh. The pictures are of tv actors that I had taken at shows over the years.

I began to wonder if others remembered them the way I do. I'm sure many "young folk" might recognize them thru reruns... but I was there when the shows originally aired! (wow.. now that's really scary!)

So, anyway.. see if you recognize any of the pictures I will put up here. I am putting a picture of them as they were when the show was on television and a picture of what they look like now ("now" being within the last 10 yrs, I don't remember which year I took which photo..heh.. it must be another brainfart! I'd say it's a "senior moment" but I blame that on EVERYTHING~)

Does anyone remember Billy Gray? Or the show he was on called "Father Knows Best"? It starred Robert Young and Jane Wyatt. (I watched Jane Wyatt be a "mother" twice! Once to Billy Gray and then some years later she was Spock's mother on Star Trek!) The show was on from 1954-1963.. (groan, I feel my bones aching!)

Ok, how about Johnny Whitaker? Johnny played "Jody" on the show Family Affair. Brian Kieth was the father and Sebastian Cabot (Mr French)took care of the kids.


I saved the best for last .. why you ask? well because I hadda crush on David Stollery when iI was young! (was I ever young? hmmm. that's a thought that taxes my brain!) Anyway.. here are the pictures..


Wow, now this was a real fun time! Spin and Marty! A "mini series" on the Mickey Mouse Club! Boy, did I want to go to the Triple R Ranch? Only about as much as a fish wants water! haha.


I was terribly in love with the red-headed Marty (David Stollery)*sigh* If you remember this series Harry Carey Jr. played the adult lead, the head of the ranch, it aired in 1955. (gosh, was I old enough for a crush back then? I musta been old for my age.. yeah that's the ticket!)

I have to admit here, as I sit and ponder the situation when I met Tim Considine and David Stollery in person at the show. I gotta laugh even now.. I know I had a grin on my face so wide and hard that my cheeks hurt! lol.. gosh.. there he is! in person! and he's a real redhead! hahahaha. I did get to talk to them both and had to gush out how much in love I was with "Marty", who grinned back in return and did a "nah-nah, nah-nah, nah-nah" back at Tim and then stood up and gave me a hug! It was one of those moments that you know you will never forget!

Well, this post sure ages me! I wish i could say I only remember these people from re-runs, but dang it.. I was there in the beginning! And ya know what... considering some of the programming for kids now... I'm glad i had Spin and Marty!


Actually, something happened after we met. I got this "brain storm" (that's back when i had a brain) to write to Harry Carey Jr. (who played Bill Burnett, the head of the camp) and send him a copy of the photo I had taken of Tim and David. I didn't think too long when I searched to find out how I could write to him and found an address. I wrote him a letter and sent the photo. I think I told him how I loved Spin and Marty and thought he might enjoy seeing "the boys" as they look now. I also told him about the autograph show where I got to meet them.

Anyway.. not too long later I got a note back from Mr. Carey thanking me for the photo and saying he was going to try to come to the show!! OOOOkay.. now I had to write to David or Tim and let "them" know in hopes they would do the show again. Which i did.


Low and behold 6 months later when the show came around again who was there but Spin and Marty..AND!.. Harry Carey Jr!! I couldn't believe it! It was so good to see them smiling and chatting with each other about "the old days"! The whole thing turned out great.. I got a hug from Mr. Carey and.. heh.. and.. yet another hug from David Stollery! (heart be still! hahaha)


Gosh, that made me wish I was a kid again with a crush on "Marty"! Anyway, I thought I'd finish up the "saga" of Spin and Marty for ya.. and for me.. I still get a smirk on my face when I think of it all. It's one of those memories you just never want to forget.. and I doubt I will.

Here's a picture of Harry looking much like he did in the Spin and Marty days.. and a Photo of David, Harry & Tim at their "reunion".

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I remember spin & marty -- and I was in love with them, too.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Quite a few of your shows made it across the Atlantic but not the ones you mention here. But Johnny Whittaker as a child looks *very* familiar. Perhaps he was in something else and I saw that. I think I was about ten when I had my first crush and it was Jess Harper (Robert Fuller) from Laramie. Was also pretty keen on the guy in Wagon Train. (Robert Horton?) Some years later when I was in my thirtie Laramie was repeated and I fell for Robert Fuller all over again. I've always been prone to crushes on actors.

7:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: we have good taste! lol

Cath: Oh I remember them! I actually saw Robert Fuller once when I still lived in California at the show I helped at.. still a good looking guy!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home