My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sigh..




Time is running out!... Halloween is almost here!



Ok.. so the deal is.. I'm probably as down as that skeleton today!.. sigh.


Besides my foot, my hips, my back and my neck all hurting to different degrees I found this today:


Tentative Last Chronicles Dates


° The Runes of the Earth - Oct 2004
° Fatal Revenant - Oct 2007
° Against All Things Ending - 2010
° The Last Dark - 2013


These are the expected release dates of the Thomas Covenant books.. note the last two. Not ONE but TWO.. hello?? First off I had read it was going to be a trilogy! Last I counted that means THREE.. not four! Did you see those dates?! Like.. ummm.. the question is: will i live long enough to read the ending??!! Cripes! Make my day why don'tcha?!


Anyway.. I went to the doctors yesterday.. 2 of them. (hooray).. the foot doctor took off the tape and I saw my multicolored foot for the first time since I went to him. Pretty it's not... however it is colorful.... and it's still broken. (big surprise)


Then I went to my normal doctor.. who finally looked at my catscan, that was taken, what.. a month ago or more? All was "normal". After a big sigh of relief, the anxiety began to build all over again.. something has to be causing the pain I feel! "we'll wait and watch".. oh joy. I can't say I've had pain for over 2 months for "no reason at all".. so I wonder.


I can hardly wait to see how much weight I gain because I can't move around hardly at all...*groan* At my advanced age I don't care what others think of my weight, I just get uncomfortable over a certain weight..


I am trying to ignore it all by reading since there doesn't seem to be the good movies on today that were on last weekend.. Well.. at least not after Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. heh.


.... damn! I need something to cheer me up....... I need a margarita! (make that a double!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Wow, 2013! The sad thing is that I was not even alive when the first book came out... That's crazy! Now I wonder if it is even worth reading the series if I have to wait 6 years for it to end. Stupid authors.

I hope other things in your life improve soon! Big hugs from Canada!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

For those thinking I am a highly educated three year old, I mean the first book in the first chronicles... "Lord Foul's Bane"

9:54 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Big, big hugs to you Pat! I say you self medicate with the margarita :p Some counselor I am, huh? lol! What a pain in the ass...I hope things begin to look up and your foot starts to look not so colorful soon.

I watched Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal today too :) In fact, I was thinking of you because I have Silence of the Lambs on DVD and I kept thinking of the post you wrote awhile back about watching movies you own on TV even though you could be watching them without commercials and unedited.

And of course you'll live long enough to read the ending to Last Chronicles! And you'll live long enough to read the next series that he'll no doubt start after that ;)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Having to wait that long for the next book in the series is a bummer, but you WILL be here to read it.

I'm sorry to hear you've been in pain :( I hope you feel better soon!

4:32 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kailana: if you ever decided to read Thomas Covenant.. you need not read this last group of books! Had he never written these I would have still loved the first two trilogies..they do have an ending. But these books don't seem to be for everyone.. over the years I've read of those who (like me) love them.. and the others hate them. There seems to be no inbetween.

Chris: I'd love that margarita! (and this from someone who maybe has a drink 4 times a year lol..but always a margarita!)

I love sir Anthony Hopkins!! He's just an incredible actor! Yeah, funny how we are too lazy to put in the movie but will sit and watch it with commercials LOL..duh.
I hope i'm still here and can still read when the last book comes out lol..but after a certain age...you can never be sure..only the young don't think they will die anytime soon.

nymeth: thanks for the wellwishes.. i just wish Donaldson was a speed writer! lol lol

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home