My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Updating..

Just Updating today...

That's my list of reading for the year so far...

On another note: my brother is back in the hospital being treated for cellulitus in his one good hand. It looks like the treatment is working well but he will have to go to a rehab place for 4 weeks because the treatment takes that long and it's nothing we can do for him at home. But he's doing fine.

Tonight I begin preparations for a ctscan that I will have tomorrow. Now the test itself is nothing much.. lay down and go thru the scan and go home.. the part I absolutely hate is all the dang barium I have to begin drinking tonight and tomorrow morning in order to have the test. I am not a big liquid drinking person, let alone chalky, yucky barium! I'm getting nauseous just thinking of it.. gross.

We've had a week of gorgeous weather here in NJ so I can't really complain too much. It feels as if fall is here, though it will be back up in the 80's over the weekend. But I think we are nearing the end of that. I love Fall and Spring.. but can't say I like winter all that much. I like seeing snow.. but don't like being out in it or traveling in it, sigh.

So.. that's it for now. Everything seems a bit out of my control right now and that makes me get anxious and stress. So I will go back to reading some today and hope it all passes me by!

8 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm beating you by a little bit now ;) I'm on book 50 for the year.

I sure hope things work out ok for you and your brother. I'll keep the both of you in my thoughts. I had to have some kind of scan done when I had my appendix taken out and they made me drink a ridiculous amount of some nasty stuff...don't know what it was, but I certainly don't wish that on anyone, especially you...sorry to hear you have to go through that :( I hope the results come back ok.

The weather was nice here for a day or two and now it's back to hot and humid. I can't wait for Fall to stay for good!

4:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: just realized I left out one book.. so now you are only 2 ahead of me lol.. I forgot to list The Firefly Gate.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh....I hope everything goes well in your test tomorrow and for your brother. With all my medical "issues" over the past 8 years, I've had a couple of those scans myself. It was all I could do to keep from hurling that horrible tasting stuff!!

You have a very impressive list so far!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I cannot get over that you havr read more than one book a week and here we are only at 9 months!! Amazing, Pat!

I hope the ctscan goes well and that the news is good! Also hope your brother does well with his rehab stay....! The only good thing about your brother being in rehab is you will get a little more time for yourself...at least I hope you do.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

It's nice to come across someone else who hasn't read 301 books so far this year. I'm on book 51 so about the same as you and Chris.

I do hope your tests go okay and that your brother will soon be better.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

if i put my list against your list, i'd be very very very very very embarrassed.

good luck on the test. I hope you studied....

Oops. Not that kind of test?

Well good luck anyway young lady ;-)

8:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Stephanie:.. i came close to that hurling!! I couldn't drink the last cup lol.. told them I would but give me a bucket in case it doesn't stay down!.. they said I could forego that last glass lol.

Thanks Naomi: now I get to wait for results..which always scares the doo doo out of me!

Cath: lol.. i'm not a fast reader. And even as what "speed" I do read I am running out of funds! Won't be long and I'll be "rereading".. and I'm overdue for some of my favs that I reread every number of years.

aww thanks Kiyotoe!! all crossed fingers greatly accepted!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I use to read all the time and forever had a book in my hand, even while cooking and eating! lol Now I don't read much at all but I really should get back into it. Oh dear, I do hope your brother recovers from the cellulitus...my step father who passed away 5 years ago, had that in one leg and it took a long time to heal with strong antibiotics. I hope your test went well and that you could keep the barium down...I know how awful that stuff is..GAG! lol xox

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home