My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How Did I Miss That?

The books I ordered from Book Closeouts arrived yesterday..

I can't be surprised.. yet I was surprised! Actually.. more like shocked.

How can this be? you ask. Well.. I can only assume I neglected to "read" something when ordering these books. Oh! Don't get me wrong, I didn't order a wrong book or anything like that. They surely are the books I ordered.

Normally, (I say this because OBVIOUSLY I neglected to do this) I look and see how large the books are (page wise). Somewhere along the line I must have missed doing that on one of the books....

.... Namely the one on the bottom of that stack.. about John Ford. I guess I assumed it would be like most stories of ones life and be a normal size.. ohhhh... saaayyy 3-400 pages or so.. that would seem normal to me. But as I took the books out of the box they arrived in I nearly broke my wrist when I picked this one up!

838 pages!

Yes, you read that right... EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT PAGES! That's not a book! That's got to be every minute of his life! Hello?! (The book about Ron Howard is 296 pages ...see what I mean?)

I can't complain about the price! I mean the original price is 40.00.. ( I admit I don't think I noticed the original price either *sigh*) I only paid 6.99! But EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT PAGES?!! Shewwww, this baby goes to the bottom of the pile! I have too many TBR books to hang myself up on this one for a while! I know I'll get to it sooner or later...but I think it will be later.

Sitting here wondering if I'll be able to hold it up once I get to it!

For now they ALL go in the TBR pile.. which I might add is larger than I EVER expected to have in my lifetime!

I am half way through Dragons of the Highlord Skies, which is a good read, and I'm glad I'm moving right along with it because on top of all the TBR books I now have I am expecting 2 more books from SQT which I will be reading and reviewing for her. They are YA books.. one of which I would have ordered at the end of the month anyway, so that thrills me since I don't have to do that now!

So am I glad that no books I want, that add to some series I've read, come out until October (Fatal Reverent, Stephen R Donaldson) and December (Dragon Harper, McCaffrey)? Dang Right I am!!

3 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Jesus that's a big book!! lol! I hope my life's worth 838 pages one day!

You're starting to sound like me with the giant TBR pile and packages from bookcloseouts.com ;)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

838 pages, that's a chunkster alright... let's hope it's at least really really good. I know I'd be discouraged about starting reading it too, though.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog. Thank you for giving me such a good laugh!! ;-) That is a huge book though, and with slightly arthriticky hands and wrists I would find that hard to hold on to for any length of time. And, cissy that I am, 800+ pages would put me off starting it; for some odd reason 600 seems to be about my limit.

One of these days I really must get around to the Dragonlance books.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home