My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Expecto Patronum!

Daniel Radcliff was on the Regis show this morning. He's had his 18th birthday. Wow. 18! Wasn't he just 12?!

With all the Harry Potter movies he's made, it made me wonder if it's opened his mind to Fantasy, or if it's all been just a fun way to make a lot of money.

I know I certainly am open to Fantasy. And the older I get.. the more I wish some of it could come true, and not just be imagined.

One of the things I found in the Potter books/ movies that would really be neat would be to be able to conjure up a Patronum.

The Patronus Charm is simple in theory, but hard to perform properly. The spell requires the use of a wand and the incantation "Expecto Patronum."

The caster assumes a very specific type of emotional state: he or she must tap into, and draw out, the positive emotions that will make up the Patronus.
The Patronus Charm conjures an incarnation of the caster's innermost positive feelings, such as joy, hope, or the desire to survive, known as a Patronus.

Your own personal protector against any sort of harm... I could deal with that! How about you?

If you could, what animal do you think you'd conjure up as your own Patronus?

(... now I need to make me a wand!... anyone have any spare phoenix feathers?)

********************************************************


6 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

He's got to do something about those eyebrows! ;)

Hmmm...I'd no doubt conjure up something goofy like an otter or a monkey or a hippo.

4:34 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

hehehehehe...I love it! I've actually thought about this one before. God, can you tell how big of a dork I am?! I think mine would be a wolf. I've always loved wolves. I think they're beautiful animals and just amazing. Now you know why I liked Hetford so much!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I think he was, Deslily. Time goes so quickly these days, it's frightening!

You are so talented! :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How did you ever do that Pat? It is fantastic! Myrtle's really got herself some 'powers' there...lol!

12:49 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Remember there was a quiz (I poached from another site of course) that told us what our patronus was? I think I was an eagle.

I'll have to go back and see if I can find it....

1:37 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Oh, and I meant to tell you Pat is giving away a copy of Fatal Revenant. Go HERE to enter, if you haven't already.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home