My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm Abby-Normal, I just know it!

Why do I do this?
Why can't I pass this movie even though I've seen it a million times?
I even OWN the dang movie!
But every time I am flipping channels on the tv and come across certain movies I stop and watch them (even if I come in the middle of the movie!).
The Abyss is one of those movies. Man, gotta love Ed Harris in the movie !




But why do I keep doing this?

I mean.. I do own the movie.. I could put it on any time I want and as much as I want.. but I can't go "past it" when it's on television!
I mean.. let's get real here.. I can watch it WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!... and yet I sit and watch it WITH commercials!
It makes no sense!.. so tell me why I do this?
Do you do that with certain movies? Probably not.. I think I am the only weirdo that watches movies this way even when I've seen them a million times... sigh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Booklogged said...

Clever title. I wish I could answer your question, but I haven't got a clue. I do do that, but my daughter does and I've wonder why at times, too.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I do this, and my hubby gives me flak about it all the time :) The Fifth Element, Ever After, and anything Monty Python are among the many I'll stop and watch, no matter what!

7:28 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

booklogged: your daughter huh? I'm glad young folks can appreciate good movies!!

Asara: ah yes I have MANY!! Rudy is one ..and anything Jessica Tandy is in, like Fried Green Tomatoes or Driving Miss Daisy! and on and on lol..i own about 500 vhs movies so you wouldn't think I'd do this! lol

7:34 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I do this ALL the time. I love The Abyss..yet it's one of the only Orson Scott Card books that I can't bring myself to read. He wrote the book after the movie for some strange reason. They asked him to or something like that. Anyway, while I love the movie, I just think that it wouldn't fit his writing style at all....except for the end of the movie maybe.

The Abyss has to be one of the most claustrophobic movies in the world!! Freaks me out...but I still watch it. But you're not alone in your watching movies you own on TV madness ;)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Don't feel bad, I have several movies that I do the same thing with. It is just easy to stop channel surfing and get sucked in.

I haven't seen this film for years but I really enjoyed it when I last saw it.

Fun post title! :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Of course I do that with movies:

Guarding Tess with Nicholas Cage, 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with Hepburn and Tracy to name just a few.

Nice to know you've got company in your abby-normal-ness, huh?

cjh

9:05 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: well of course you do this too! LOL.. I never read the book of The Abyss.. if a book comes out AFTER the movie, for some reason I never read them..dunno why though.

Carl: the thing that really gets me is that even if it's only the last 1/2 hr of the movie I'll stay and watch it! ARGH!

Hi CJ: yeah LOL.. I knew I wasn't alone in this..it's just that it makes me wonder sometimes "why" do I do it? I wonder if there's a real reason we all do???

9:46 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

No, Pat...you are not alone. I admit that I won't watch a film likethat WITH commercials....I cannot bear the interuptions...But because of my Business" needs, I have a lot of movie channels....I cannot tell you how many films I will watch again and again...from the middle even...Just because I love the film....Yesterday (?) or maybe it was Saturday....THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS was on one of these channels...I have it on DVD, like you, yet there I am watching it as if I've never seen it!
Often times I cannot find a movie that is "watchable" for me, and I am thrilled to see something like TFBB...just because it is a GOOD movie! So, you are not alone, my dear.

11:14 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

I used to watch the Abyss all the time. I mean virtually every day. I always get suckered in whenever Pulp Fiction is on too. I'm fascinated by it.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home